Aftermarket Kit CASKA CA3674 aftermarket navi

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by Amused, Tuesday 21st May, 2013.

1. Amused Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I don't know if anyone is aware of this kit. It's a very good Chinese made piece of aftermarket navi, custom made for the Accord (and Acura TSX and Honda Spirior).

My local stealer installed over 50 of those in Accords. As I've seen it in person and must admit it looks darn good, better screen than OEM, has built in blutooth, TPMS, comes with excellent reversing camera, 2 year warranty, etc. And of course, much cheaper than OEM. There is an array of GPS software available (iGo, Garmin, TomTom, etc.).

Here is the kit:

CASKA Honda Accord DVD Player GPS Navigation

CA3674 Caska Double Din Sat Nav Car Audio Systems for Honda Accord

Has anyone tried it?

Av guy likes this.
  2. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Just a wild guess here, for Accords that already come with SatNav, they have a digi-dash above the main dial-knob which this system doesnt account for - so you would likely lose your climate control functions.

Looks like this aftermarket kit is for non-SatNav Accords.

Might look nice in the pics, personally I think it looks cheap and nasty. And its a lot of money for something that doesnt look very good. Thumbs down I'm afraid.

3. Amused Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yes it is for non sat-nav Accord, and you do retain all controls, including climate and steering wheel. Perhaps it can be used on sat nav ones as well, not sure.

It doesn't look cheap and nasty at all, it looks great, and believe me I am picky.

I have installed a double din Pioneer AVH-8400 in my Civic, in this kit blows it away in terms of speed, functions and options.

4. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

can't say that that double din unit "flows" with the Accord dashboard.

Depends what you like really. Not for me though. Too expensive for what it is - you can get apps on a fone that will do just a good a job and don't involve dashboard-surgery.

5. Amused Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Well, it all comes down to personal preference. The unit is a bit pricey (my stealer asks for 1200 EUR for the unit + hands, including 2 yr warranty), that's why I will try and get one from China directly and have my stealer install it.

Will update this thread once I finish the job.

6. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

It will be interesting to see the completed unit - look forward to your pics.

7. Amused Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

It will take a month or two probably... But I am working on it (have an insider in China proper) :Tea:

8. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

If you can get some installation pics as well, that would be sweet.

9. Amused Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

10. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Can you ask them to take progress pics for you?

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Looks good we need to have a full review please.

12. Amused Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I will ask them for pics, but I doubt they'll accept to do the work and take pics at the same time.

I will do a full review as soon as I get my hands on it

13. levenhowe New Member Getting Started

Would like to see the finished conversion sounds like you lose the heater display

14. Amused Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi guys, I've been absent for a while due to my summer vacation.

I installed the Caska last month, and here is the final product (taken with mobile phone, sorry for poor quality). It works seemless, the HD display is fantastic (8 inch, 800X480), the AC shows on the display, the navi is great, the camera too.

photo 1. photo 2. photo 3. photo 4. photo 5.

Ichiban likes this.
  15. dennismate Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Epsom
    I have to say, I think it looks pretty good, my question is - the reversing camera, in the UK if you have a reversing camera then it follows that you have sat nav as standard, did you have to fit the reversing camera? if so could you post pics please

16. Amused Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I didn't have to fit it, but I took the opportunity and did so, it was the easier part of the job...

Apart from Caska, there are some great new devices, do check the RoadNav C089 (comes with Samsung dual core chipset), it has a great looking menu

17. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Nick this looks good bud where have you installed caska?

18. Amused Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hey CJ, a friend of mine did the installation, he is a magician :Smile: He also installed a double din Pioneer in my 2011 Civic. Both installations are perfect