1. DC5Cassie Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Cassie Northamptonshire
  2. DC5Cassie Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

DC5Cassie updated Cassie's Integra Type-R DC5

View updates to this showcase item...

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Any plans for "Terry" or do you prefer to keep him as standard, no mods ?

4. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    I like the fact you did your own servicing on him, as @SpeedyGee has mentioned, what plans do you have for him?

5. DC5Cassie Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I'm not afraid of doing my own work where I can, although I admit I'm no mechanical expert and some things are out of my depth. I'll give most things a try though.

Cosmetically I want to keep him as standard as possible. I have a constant battle in my head as to whether I should lower him a little bit, tastefully. I do have plans to have him fully polybushed in the next few months though. Aside from that not much else, and just replace bits when needed (rad looks a bit untidy).

6. Nighthawk Guest

Well feel free to ask whatever advice you like here and we will happily try to help you out with him.

DC5Cassie likes this.
  7. DC5Cassie Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks @Nighthawk

I downloaded the RSX workshop manual. That's 2050 pages of reading to get through. It'll be like reading Lord of the Rings all over again.

Nighthawk likes this.
  8. DC5Cassie Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

So yesterday I decided it was time to remove the front end off the Integra. I broke 4 clips and discovered 2 were missing in the process .... Honda love their clips!

The reason for taking the bumper off was to add some mesh on the very lower part just by the splitter, but this had to be done from behind (ahem). I'd purchased the mesh last July just after discovering the great big gaping hole (ahem) and after procrastinating for a few months I pushed myself finally to do the project. This mesh thing was more for my own paranoia of something flying in and doing some damage (stones, birds, small children, etc) and not for cosmetic purposes, however, it's ended up quite neat and tidy as well.

Pics are attached.

Sorry for my innuendos!
    IMAG0891. IMAG0891. IMG_20150328_181224. IMAG0892. IMAG0891.

Nels likes this.
  9. Nighthawk Guest

Nicely done @DC5Cassie

Whats next on the list?

10. DC5Cassie Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks @Nighthawk

Next has to be the number plate situation. That bulky holder is spoiling the beautiful looks. Looking into changing it soon.

Nothing too big at the moment in terms of projects I'm afraid, it's all time and money dependant.

11. Nighthawk Guest

What are you looking to change it to?

12. DC5Cassie Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Well, the holder is going. So it'll just be a plate and obviously I want to keep it a legal plate. A lot of Teg owners have replaced with a 'sticky' plate that is apparently reflective but IMO still not legal. I really don't want to draw attention from the police. The cars gets enough as it is! So my plan was to ether keep the square plate and heat it around the v curve at the front or do the same with the standard UK rectangular plate. Currently I can't relocate off to the side as the holder on it at the moment is fixed through the bumper and there'll be a hole to fill in.

13. Nighthawk Guest

I like the idea of you heating it around the curvuture of the bumper - that will look nice

14. DC5Cassie Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

A lot of people seem to like the idea. It's probably what I'm going to do. I just need to find a good tape to make it stick yet not damage the paintwork. Apparently if I turn my toaster up to 5 (doesn't go to 11) that's enough to heat and bend without breaking the plate.

I've also got to decide on square plate or rectangular plate. Oh the dilemma.

15. Nighthawk Guest

Heatguns are not expensive, thats an option, and probably safer too as you can direct the heat. Id even give a hairdryer a go

16. DC5Cassie Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I used a hairdryer to remove the old tatty side decals. Worked a treat on 13 year old glue and dirt. Neighbours think I'm mad.

Nighthawk likes this.
  17. Nighthawk Guest

Id give the hairdryer a go if you don't have a heatgun. Mark the centre of the plate, use a nice straight edge which you can use to apply even pressure to and heat it up, bend it slightly, heat it up again, and keep going until its the right angle

DC5Cassie likes this.
  18. DC5Cassie Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Actually, while we're here and talking about hairdyrers, here is a pic of when I replaced the tatty side decals. 13 years of dirt and glue. Good improvement and easy to do.
    IMG_20141002_183454.

19. Nighthawk Guest

Hairdryers are not my area of expertise, especially what with losing more and more hair, but that looks good, great improvement, nicely done.

DC5Cassie likes this.
  20. DC5Cassie Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for advice on this. Will give it a go with the spare plate I have with original UK reg on it before private plate went on.

Nighthawk likes this.