Detailing Cats sleeping on my Civic

Discussion in 'Detailing & Cleaning' started by Moss, Thursday 15th Sep, 2016.

1. Moss Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Anyone else have problem with Cats? next door have a couple of cats; when I park my car in the drive, they walk all over it even sleep on it; they make a right mess with the paw marks; and then there's that smell of cat. need to wash the car more often than I should because of them.
    Any way of stopping them using my car to sleep on?

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    You can get cat repellent device such as this one, stake it in the ground, somewhere on the drive. No idea how effective it is though.

pb0032insitu_Guarantee_UK.

3. Moss Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Pest Bye? that may be an option.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    This is an extreme proposition but hear me out and it disgusting too. Cats love anything clean they hate anything unclean or a strong odour that sends them into a alarm state if they sense any of those.

My old man used to have an allotment many moons ago and the feline variety crapped,dug & pee'd on his precious wabbit food patch. So he took a spray bottle filled with his own urine and sprayed the perimeter of the allotment every three days.

The damn cats pissed off never to be seen. so around your car it will bloody stink but it works..LOL

5. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

I know this sounds daft, but hear me out!

At my old house, my neighbours had two (very beautiful!) cats. They always sat / slept on both of their cars, and on the cars of two of my other neighbours, but never on my Accord or my CR-V.

The only explanation I had was that my cars are always heavily waxed, and are therefore a bit too slippery to get onto easily.

Am I mad? I always wondered why they avoided my car...

:Laughing:

Costa777 and legend-ary like this.
  6. Moss Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Well the Urine Job is a no go for me; but waxing the cars may be an option.

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Urine =Free
    Wax =£££

:lol:

8. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    And you call us diesel owners tight...

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Kettle calling weasel owners, always bitter.

10. jimjams Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom nobody zoned
    Cats (and dogs) only go by the smell of urine from their own species, and would only be deterred by the presence of a very sick animal of their species in their area. Thus, if the urine of @Ichiban does deter cats, he must have the piss of a small and very sick cat

11. jazzway Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Netherlands Marlène Maasgouw
    We have a shared driveway with our neighbors so our Jazz sleeps next to a BMW. The German is full of mud, swirls and... cat paws. The Japanese beauty next to it is always shining. No cat dares to touch her smoothest skin. :bleh::teasing:
    I go with @FirstHonda that a waxed car keeps the felines away and i'm very happy the neighbor doesn't know about the peeing thing... :shh:

FirstHonda and SpeedyGee like this.