ICE & HFT CD / AUX Button

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by stratos, Monday 7th Sep, 2015.

1. stratos Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Andy Worcs
    Hi, can the CD/Aux button on my CN2 be made to work and switch to an auxiliary device or devices??

2. Heckler Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

As far as I am aware it can... I'll be getting a grom audio kit in the new year to connect my phone to the system as others have done. There's also xcarlink but I believe that's IOS only whilst the grom kit will do both and allow you to control music on your phone or USB device via the steering wheel controls.

3. stratos Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Andy Worcs
    Thanks for the reply. Never heard of Grom but have looked into them and they seem ok but do not offer a product for me. I am thinking of installing a CKO DAB Tuner as it utilises the Sat Nav screen so will look OEM. The CKO tuner requires AV inputs and Grom (from what I can see) do not offer that (yet!).
    By fitting an AV function to the back of the radio, I will need to add a switch so that I can switch between the CD player and the DAB tuner hence my original question. I have a CD /AUX Button on my dash so seems crazy that I can't use it as the DAB Tuner will be an 'AUX' unit!

4. Heckler Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I've not heard of that make of DAB tuner... but something that enables the use of the screen has to be a good idea... No idea if the grom unit does as I've only done prelim research so far and I rarely listen to the radio because I don't get a great selection around here and have often wondered about adding DAB, but I can't have both.

5. stratos Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Andy Worcs
    It's one of the 'better' tuners on the market and also gives me additional AV inputs for 'additional things'!!

CKO International Ltd - . - Universal Digital Radio (C-KO-DAB2011-V2-TS)