Suspension, Steering and Brakes CDT-I Tourer - Tugging through the steering wheel when steering left.

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by rgrigsby, Saturday 3rd Aug, 2013.

1. rgrigsby Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Bit of a newbie to the forum so hopefully this isn't a known problem, I've had a look but can't find anything.

I've just test driven a 80K mile 57 plate CDTI tourer today, it drove extremely well except when I drove round a long left hand slip road onto the motorway. I felt a slight left-right tugging through the steering wheel when it was loaded up in the corner. Holding the wheel lightly it just seemed almost want to pull slightly left and right gently but didn't feel like wheel balancing at all.

It didn't seem to do the same in right hand corners but was quite obvious when the the car was loaded up in left hand corners.

Any ideas what this could be ?

I've previously driven a car that had the horrible vibration at 50-60mph which I understand is most likely a driveshaft/CV joint issue, this wasn't anything like that.

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Do a visual inspect of all the steering and suspension components. Could be a bent suspension arm, bent suspension strut etc.

If all looks well get the tracking done.

- - - Updated - - -

Could an issue with tyres too
  3. jayok Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Seen this in a 2005 Diesel tourer - it was the power steering pump(!)