Aftermarket Kit Celtic Tuning - advice please

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by john_y, Wednesday 5th Dec, 2012.

1. john_y Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

There are so many positive negative forum comments on CT I am literally in meltdown.Post titles such as Premier Tuning or CT, don't go to CT because xxxxxx reason.
    Does anyone have a Celtic tuned accord that lives in the midlands I can meet up with ?

Best wishes

John

2. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

You won't find negative comments about Celtic on AOC John.

We think they are a quality outfit who know what they are talking about, and that is a view we have formed from discussions we have had with them.

I have a petrol Accord myself so no direct experience of their maps, but let's see if one of their remap customers can help you.

3. john_y Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I haven't found any negative comments true.

Seems and 'odd duplication' there is a forum - and they are pro premier/ elite remaps.
    This remap industry is a mine field!
    John

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    if a owners owns a forum and runs a file uploading business you reckon you will ever see negative responses on that site.. :Rolf:

Its nothing short of censorship you would hardly get objective or impartial advise all you get is its all good mate you want to get this remap it the best thing than slice butter.. Try challenging that file uploader openly on the forum will get you a nice ban.

5. john_y Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

So as mentioned above - there are no negative comments on here about Celtic - and no no negative comments on TA about Premier

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I think you missed the sarcasm which was somewhere in the post :Search:

7. john_y Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I think I have - anyway I decided I am not going to use either, celtic, premier or tunit but someone I have know has mapped many good friends cars who has an excellent reputation who was one of the first mappers 'behind' revo - doesn't work there any more though.

Best wishes

John

8. rhinogolf Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

york
    What is it your hoping to get out of a remap??

9. john_y Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Improved all round drive ability

10. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

As in you want to go faster?

11. john_y Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

No, I just want the car to pick up a little earlier and cleaner, continue to produce power after 3000+ RPM where it starts to flatten off.
    I will enjoy a little more torque on the motorway in 5th gear especially when the speed drops to 50mph and then picks up and tails off
    Just improved all round drive-ability

John
    The GT1752v compressor is able to produce power right up over 4000rpm.

12. john_y Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi, in summary I think manufacturer maps are made with an eye on emissions requirements such as euro4.
    Sometimes this causes flat spots in the delivery of power.
    I am sure that honda diesels run lean in terms of the fuel delivery and they run a larger turbo, which cleans up emissions. Most similar capacity diesels from other manufacturers such as vag run gt1752v garrets whereas the honda has a larger 56 dia compressor wheel delivering more air under potentially more boost.
    The weakness being the clutch/ transmission and experienced mappers can limit spikes in torque in specific gears thus avoiding some of the strain.

Best wishes

John

13. john_y Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I did email celtic tuning via the contact us form on their website regarding the AOC tie up and they emailed back a standardised reply with the wrong price, the wrong car (Civic), they didn't answer my questions, I asked that they called my mobile to discuss the options which they didn't - the customer service experience they provided generally dissuaded me.

John

14. G12 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Penryn
    I hate generic replies too, if they can't be bothered to treat potential new business with good care then that attitude probably runs throughout the business.

15. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Have you tried calling regarding this could be a easy explanation to this. I just hate emails its best to pickup the phone and talk.

16. john_y Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I understand but they shouldn't bother with a contact form on their website

17. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Mistakes do happen, after all everyone is human .If this response has left a bad taste then speak to them and report back.

18. john_y Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I went to my local ECU recalibration expert today and he found my car had already been remapped.
    He thought the map was fairly efficient but reduced fuelling in the lower RPM range and deleted the EGR function.
    No charge, can you believe it - honest as the day is long - how refreshing in this industry.
    I spent about an hour with him discussing the map and tuning in general which i enjoyed as he is so knowledgeable.
    I guess I am a little disappointed as was hoping for a little more performance but never mind I might get some more economy.

Best wishes

John

19. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

That is quite funny.

I think so anyway.

Have you declared it to your insurer?

20. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Strange after all that carry on you have a remap which is still not quick enough ! I with Sayama you have to tell your insurance company there are far too many remap dodgers out there.