Engine & Gearbox Celtic tuning

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by mcatchpole77, Tuesday 1st Jan, 2013.

1. mcatchpole77 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Managed to get my accord to Celtic yesterday as they were doing remaps for £250 for December. What a difference! seems so much easier to drive so much smoother throughout the rev range, very pleased with the result 221bhp and very noticible torque difference, will keep an eye on the fuel economy and keep you all posted. I didnt have it dyno'd as it is over due a service which is being done next week. Took them about an hour to do.:GoodJob:

SayamaAccord likes this.
  2. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Great result.

Celtic are AOC's affiliated tuner, because they know what they're doing.

Thanks very much for your positive feedback, and enjoy the new map.

3. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Good feedback, let us know how you get on with it.

4. brock Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hants
    Good to hear from someone who's had it done. Keep us upto date on how it goes. Im more and more tempted but a bit worried about the clutch wear and soot.
    Will your overdue service be done at a main dealer?

5. mcatchpole77 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have had 3 remaps done by celtic so far, My first was a VW caddy van, 2nd a 2009 VW passat and now my Accord Tourer, the only one that showed up a potentially weak clutch was the caddy but that was on 110k (prob due anyway) which i had changed to a solid flywheel conversion as the dual mass was shot too. I have a local garage near to my work which will service with only genuine filters and trust him totally as known him years!
    - - - Updated - - -
    what do you mean by soot?

6. brock Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hants
    Oh not sure re soot must have read it somewhere :Whistle:
    I guess I meant more the increased particulates and exhaust temp that I read about on here (dead link removed by staff)
    That kind of put me off a bit but your experience and the fact you have had 3 remaps defenately sounds like the only thing to worry about is the warranty. Mine is due to finish in March.

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 15th Feb, 2015
  7. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

The soot situation can be helped by changing the oil more often.

8. mcatchpole77 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

The proof for me was when i took my 3 year old passat for its first MOT, when i picked it up the garage asked me if i had anything done to the car as they had to abort the emissions due to the being too low to register on the machine! and that technically i should qualify for free road tax, but i thought declaring my 188bhp passat that started as a 110bhp might open a rather large can of worms!!
    - - - Updated - - -
    the other thing worth mentioning is that on all vehicles that i have re-mapped i have had an intermediate oil service done at 6000 miles.

9. brock Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hants
    Sounding better and better. :Thumbup:Have you seen any difference either way with your MPG yet?

10. mcatchpole77 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

With the Passat i gained an average of 4-8 MPG after the remap, need to get the accord on a decent run an i will let you know!

11. Jay2512 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Walsall
    Chaps - Hello to you all. I can agree on this one as I too have my Accord re-mapped by Celtic a couple of years ago. I had it done when the car was only 9 months old and since then the car has had no issues with either the DPF, smoking or MOT. In fact it passed its first MOT in November 2012 and was given a full bill of health.

SayamaAccord likes this.
  12. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

And yet there are some file-uploaders who claim that you need the DPF removed and/or that your remap power is not accurate. You are proof to the contrary.

Also, welome to the site Jay (about damn time!!) - just sent you a PM as well :Thumbup:

Jay2512 likes this.
  13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Welcome Jay nice pictures of your car in your personal gallery , make sure up load them to the garage.:Wink:

14. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I've met Jay - and he has a couple of tasty features on his Accord, that I am sure, he will in his own time share.

Plus, he is a top bloke :Thumbup:

15. Jay2512 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Walsall
    Cheers Saj...... should have made a move sooner. I personally found Celtic great to deal with, when the car was re-called earlier last year regarding the fuel in oil issue - Celtic only charged me 50.00 quid to visit me at work on an arranged day to re-map the car once more with the upgraded Honda file. Never put it on the rolling road on the day of having it done as its an auto is a bit of time wasting as the figures will never be accurate. But late last year I got curious and met a friend who has a rolling road, we couldn't get the car to stay in 4th gear due to kick down so we tested in 3rd gear and the I-DTEC pumped out 189BHP. Shame the auto box is poor and swallows up a lot of the torque, but this lil pony can stick with the father-inlaws 2.2TDCI 200bhp mondy!

16. Ibbsy67 New Member Getting Started

United Kingdom Jason KIDWELLY
    I know this post is from years ago but thinking of going to Celtic myself,
    Is the acceleration amazing by comparison?

17. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Holy thread bump, dug up a really really old thread up there @Ibbsy67 :Smile: