Electrical & Lights Central locking failure

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by sirchubalock, Sunday 7th Apr, 2013.

1. sirchubalock New Member Getting Started

Help needed. My car does not respond when I try to unlock the doors using the fob. The fob red light shows which suggests that the fob battery is Ok. The car had a journey of some 300 miles a few days ago so I am assuming the car battery is charged. I am reluctant to open using the key as I expect the car alarm to be triggered. The owners handbook is inside the locked car and my local Honda dealers in the UK were unsure what to advise each giving conflicting information. The car is parked 2 stories down in an underground car park in Belgium where I am visiting relatives! So, has anyone had central locking problems or can recommend a Honda garage in Brussels.
  2. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I would try the key if your car has the factory alarm then using the key will turn off the alarm as i can use the key in the door to unlock my Accord. You may well find that for some reason the battery on the car is flat. if your alarm does go off it will stop after a short while possibly 30 seconds.
  3. sirchubalock New Member Getting Started

Many thanks, I will try the key but will wait until Monday when the garages are open and I can get help if I still require it.