Electrical & Lights Central locking indicator

Discussion in '6th Generation (1997-2002)' started by Vinay, Saturday 9th May, 2015.

1. Vinay New Member Getting Started

Netherlands viin_m Netherlands
    After replacing all my door lock actuators it started working properly now. Though I was wondering if all 6th Generation accord's had the option that the turning signals blink when locking/unlocking the car, because mine does not seem to work. The button to open my trunk from the remote also does not work, I thought maybe these 2 problems are related? What do you guys think? What should i be looking for to solve this problem?
  2. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The turn signals should blink when the central locking is activated and de activated by the remote fob. I have found that the signals do not blink when say the bonnet is open, the car still locks fine though. Unfortunatly I cannot help as to the boot release function on your fob as my hatchback model does not come with this feature, though I do have one of those fobs.
  3. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    As said by Harvey, they should blink, as for the boot release, you need to press and hold the button down for a few seconds and it then opens the boot.