General central locking remote fob

Discussion in '6th Generation (1997-2002)' started by Mazeyshane, Tuesday 23rd Feb, 2016.

1. Mazeyshane Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

hello, i am new to the forum and to hondas and i was just wondering for abit of advice, i have 2 fobs with the car when i got it and one lights up with the red led and one doesnt so anyways, they don't work with the car so i tried to program the one that works and well it won't work with the car or go into the programming mode and when I've opened up both keys they are 2 different part numbers. could someone help adn tell me how i can get this sorted? thanks
    shane

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Hi Shane, what is the procedure you are following to pair up the fobs to the car ?

Have you tried changing the battery on the one where the LED light doesn't light up ?

exec likes this.
  3. Mazeyshane Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

The on and off and.click the button programming method and I've changed the battery and still no joy, i opened them up and they are both different models, so im guessing the one that lights up isnt the right one so i need the other one which is G8D-425H-A is the one i need

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Was it this procedure :-

• Turn the ignition switch ON (II).
    • Within 1 to 4 sec. , push the transmitter lock or unlock button with the transmitter aimed at the receive (control unit).
    • Within 1 to 4 sec. , turn the ignition switch OFF .
    • Within 1 to 4 sec. , turn the ignition switch ON (II).
    • Within 1 to 4 sec. , push the transmitter lock or unlock button with the transmitter aimed at the receiver (control unit).
    • Within 4 sec. , turn the ignition switch ON (II).
    • Within 1 to 4 sec. , push the transmitter lock or unlock button with the transmitter aimed at the receiver (control unit).
    • Within 4 sec. , turn the ignition switch ON (II).
    • Confirm you can hear the sound of the door lock actuators. Within 1 to 4 sec. , push the transmitter lock or unlock button again.
    • Within 15 sec. , aim the transmitters (up to three) whose codes you want to store at the receiver, and press the transmitter lock or unlock buttons. Confirm that you can hear the sound of the door lock actuators after each transmitter code is stored.
    • Turn the ignition switch OFF , and pull out the key.
    • Confirm proper operation with the new codes(s).

5. Mazeyshane Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yes thats the one but nothing happened so i think the remote has packed up as there is no led showing :Frown: so think i need a new one or soneone to try it to make sure that is the remote i need

6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Can someone with a 6th Generation Accord please post their keyfob part numbers please.

@exec, @Harvey, @Chunkylover53 , anyone else.

7. Mazeyshane Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Does anyone have a spare fob or know where i can get one? Or find out where i can find the right one for the car?

8. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    I'll try and find the part number for mine when I get home, the one I have with me is a replacement one I bought off ebay so has non OEM casing.

Can you post an image of the two fobs you have?

9. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The part number for the 2 button fob that works with your car is G8D-452H-A, I have a few that I've picked up from scrap yards in my personal stash. They are the same fob as early CR-V some S2000 (though 3 button for boot release) , Civic, HR-V 1st Generation Jazz and obviously the 1998-2003 Accord.

exec likes this.
  10. Mazeyshane Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thats a picture of my 2 fobs the G8D-344H-A doesnt work with the car when i try the programming and the G8D-452H-A i think the remote is buggered so it won't work atall cos there is no led flash from.it either so i think i need a new remote if anyone would be willing to sell me one? And then ill sell the one i don't need? Thanks

Attached Files:

11. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    I have the same for my Jazz as @Harvey has already mentioned. the 452H is a different frequency so one only of these is correct match.

12. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Are you putting in the battery in properly and the right battery in the non working correct fob? because i was doing that on my old, battery was a bit smaller and was making contact properly, had to put piece of small cardboard to fill the gap.

13. Mazeyshane Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yeah im putting the right battery in mate its the 2025 one bud, I've tired a few batteries in it and evem tried it without the case to see if it works and it doesnt, so i need try one before i buy one really