General Central Locking

Discussion in '2nd Generation (2002-2006)' started by colinwade55, Thursday 4th Jun, 2015.

1. colinwade55 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Jake Kirkcudbright
    Hi, I have a problem where other makes of cars remote fobs are opening my CR-V!! Any clues or idea on how much this will cost to fix?? Many thanks, Jake

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    That's rather bizarre !

I don't know specifically where on the CR-V but there should be an alarm control module and a keyless entry module in the dash.

That may have thrown a wobbly, I would first try reprogramming the remotes that you have to the car, if that doesn't then the keyless entry module or the alarm control module may need replacing.

BTW I see that you've already added your car to the Club garage but please also drop by the the Introduce Yourself section and say a few words about yourself and your car.

3. colinwade55 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Jake Kirkcudbright
    Well, this problem is now resolved! :Smile: The Service manager at my Honda Dealership in Dumfries was right, the after market alarm system was still fitted and causing the central locking to be compromised. Now it is removed, the original system is now secure. It cost £240 but took 2 electrical mechanics most of a day to sort out so I am very grateful that they decided to charge a fixed price.

Nels, FirstHonda and Ichiban like this.