General Centre Air Vents

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by Hatter, Sunday 24th Jul, 2016.

1. Hatter Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Peter Rotherham
    Hi there
    Back with a question and hope I am in the correct section.
    Vehicle in question is the 1.6 I-DTEC auto, 2016 model.
    With the A/C on cold air blows from the vents either side of the centre nav screen. You can alter the direction but can you easily turn them off without losing A/C? We both found the cold air needed the flow slowing down. On our present RAV4 you have a thumbwheel to close them.
    On our previous Accord (2006) if you turned the vents off with the direction button on the dash it turned the auto A/C off as well.
    The dealer said you can turn them off but couldn't remember how. He fiddled with the vent control and said you did something with it.
    Thanks for any help.

2. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Only way you can do this is if you either have the ventilation direction at the windscreen or at your feet.

Otherwise I don't think you can "turn off" the vents in the front/central area.

3. Hatter Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Peter Rotherham
    Hi DarkKnight
    Thanks for the reply. That is what I thought. Pity as other brands let you turn them off or lower the air flow.
    Found on our old Accord you would end up with cold hands or face depending whether the vents were up or down.