ICE & HFT Centre console lid

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by James McBrearty, Tuesday 15th May, 2012.

1. James McBrearty New Member Getting Started

How do you disassemble the centre console lid/armrest top?

One of the catches at the front is broken on mine - I've got the replacement part but can't see how to fit it.

2. bijomaru Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Rob Swindon
    Not sure which gen you have, but in 7th Generation you open both lids and there are two screws holding it.
  3. James McBrearty New Member Getting Started

Thanks, it's 7th Generation.

There are two catches at the front, one for the top lid & the other for the main lid.

The top lid catch on mine is broken, so I just need to replace that one.
  4. bijomaru Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Rob Swindon
    Yeah just open it up and take the 2 screws out and both lids come off. Not sure how to separate them though. Didn't pay much attention to that part once I had it off
  5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Look up the xcarlink install thread it has brilliant pictures and step by step method. Search for it dude its worth a read.
  6. James McBrearty New Member Getting Started

Thanks, I've got my xcarlink fitted in the glovebox - found out about it here & very pleased with it. The fitting guide is excellent.

Its the centre console behind the handbrake I'm looking to fix now, instead of the front box.

Looking at the lings parts page it shows the parts & I ordered it, but it doesn't show how the lid comes apart so you can fit a new catch to the front of the lid.
  7. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    I think the arm rest part that slides over the base goes over a one way clip which is also what stops it coming off when you extend the arm rest. You'll need to bend the clip back to allow the arm rest to slide over it and come apart.

Hope that makes sense.