General Centre consoles... and general dash moans!

Discussion in '7th Generation (2001-2005)' started by Elwab, Friday 10th Jun, 2016.

1. Elwab Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Paul Park Gate
    Quick question, is the centre console (the bit between the seats) on this generation Civic the same in each version, or does for example the Type-S differ from the SE Executive which differs from the Sport etc?

I ask because one of the things i've noticed in my short time with my EV1 is just how easily the interior plastics get scuffed and covered in even the lightest scratches! My centre console seem particularly scuffed so was considering looking for a less marked one in a scrappy maybe.

2. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    I think they are all pretty much the same. I had a EU8 and it didn't come with any console yet I have seen plenty of them with console similar to ones found in EV1s
    [edit] There might be trimming differences such as chrome etc..but you can obviously compare to the current one
    - - - Updated - - -
    Had a quick look and I was right. The console itself is the same but has different finish between EP2 and EV1 etc

Here is a EP2: Civic 05 'Miko'
    103962_20160221_134523.

Here is an EV1: 2004 Honda Civic Type-S
    51560_IMG_20140904_161659.

3. Elwab Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Paul Park Gate
    Thanks for that, slight difference in shape I think, where the centre console joins the main dash, the EP2 one shown drops down in a curve, whilst the EV1 the silver parts go out and then down, if you see what i mean! But i would assume all the fitting points on all models are the same.

4. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    Yeah I see what you mean.. slight differences but I would be surprised if the mounts are different and the dash design didnt change at all.