Service & Maintenance Changing a washer pump

Discussion in '1st Generation (2004-2011)' started by PASMITH, Tuesday 14th Apr, 2015.

1. PASMITH Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Paul York
    So my FR-V's rear washer doesn't squirt anything out and a mechanic friend (more an acquaintance really) reckons it needs a new pump. I've seen one on e-bay (or amazon, can't remember which) for £20ish and I'm tempted to try and fit it myself if I order one. Anyone know how big a job it is? I've looked at a schematic parts diagram and it looks easy enough if I can get some wheel ramps and get under the car? I'm starting to try and tackle some car maintenance jobs myself rather than keep taking my cars in every time something goes wrong. Is this a step too far? :Smile:

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I'll see what I can dig up for you when I'm laptop tonight.

My gut feel is that the motor will by on the washer bottle at the front, so you most likely you will have to drop the bumper to get to it.

3. PASMITH Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Paul York
  4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I was only speculating. If you've had a look and you know you can get to the motors then that's fair enough.

5. PASMITH Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Paul York
    Actually looking at the diagram of the car in the bottom right corner I think you might be right. It all looks to be mostly tucked behind the bumper.

6. Bones126 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Dave Birmingham
    probably easiest option is to remove the front bumper, it's not hard and will give you all the access you need
    75669_FRV_NB2.

PASMITH likes this.