General Changing car badge = illegal?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pastore, Wednesday 12th Aug, 2015.

1. pastore Banned ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom pastore London
    I've just de-badged the back of my car and was thinking about putting a transformers badge at the back but then i thought if i put a ferrarri or porsche or BMW or whatever is that illegal? not saying im gonna do it but just wondering....

Thanks

2. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    Not illegal, but why would you? I saw a Chrysler the other day which had been rebadged as a Bentley?! Also 70% of BMWs are rebadge as M series:chav:

Last edited: Thursday 13th Aug, 2015
    superguitarman and Chunkylover53 like this.
  3. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Chris Rowlands Gill
    there is a volvo I see now and again with a masserati badge on.

4. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

You're better off asking to get this thread closed :Laughing:

To give you an idea of the level of doucheiness one would exhibit, look at the following:
    nightmare123. nightmare126.

Nighthawk likes this.
  5. pastore Banned ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

actually i think this thread is really funny, just look at those pictures of that 'BMW' LOL.

im thinking of getting a batman or superman logo on mine, lol its funny

6. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Chris Rowlands Gill
    I remember seeing a pic of a car once. . It was something like a astra which Had full ralley subaru impreza decals and BMW badges ..

Need to Find that photo again lol

7. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Better than a beemer badge :Wink:

8. pastore Banned ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

lol, try and find it

9. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    My understanding is that it's illegal if you try to sell the car as something else other that what it actually is.

For example putting a bigger engine capacity sticker on and then claiming/advertising it actually as that.

10. pastore Banned ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

thats fair enough, but im not selling the car, im keeping it till it dies at 100k or 150k miles lol

11. superguitarman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Jono Mansfield
    Well I'd second the transformers bag because why not? Haha. This was on my aerodeck, I miss that car so much! uploadfromtaptalk1439457595934.

12. pastore Banned ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

lol, do i have to take off the Honda one first or can i just stick it on top?

13. superguitarman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

That one bolted in the place of the old Honda badge mate, took the old one off and used new mounting bolts. They came reaaallllyyy long so I had to cut them down a bit, and it was a bit of an arsehole job but between me and my dad we managed it.

14. superguitarman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Back on subject, I guess you can do whatever you want re: badging your car, so long as you don't then try and flog your 1.4 sport Civic as a 1.8vti or something. Personally though I wouldn't ever put a badge on a car that advertised it as something it wasn't. You see so many muppets with bog standard BMW 3 Series putting "M" badges on, for example, which in my opinion makes you look a bit of a tit. And when somebody calls your bluff on it and batters you between the lights you'll look and feel like even more of a prat. It's like me putting Type-R badges all over my Accord. It's not a Type-R so why advertise to the world that it is?

15. superguitarman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

One exception to the rule though, if you can badge it as a transformer, or a decepticon if it looks suitably evil, then always do that.

16. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    How about something like this? You could also wire it up to your brake light switch so it illuminates each time you brake.

glowhonda.

exec, RogerH69 and Chunkylover53 like this.
  17. superguitarman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yes!

18. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    Now THAT may be illegal!

19. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    As long as you arent changing the identity of your car, its legal.

20. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

South Africa Roger Oxford, UK
    As far as I can remember, on my Civic (same gen as yours), the H is glued on the front, and you should be able to just remove it and stick something in it's place. Best way to find out is to remove the front grille to see if it's bolted in or not (follow my guide linked above if you need help).

i was considering one of those :Smile: I was just 'nervous' about the running the cables for it back into the car. However, I suppose I could wires it into the feed for the headlights....
    - - - Updated - - -
    I saw a dual colour Honda badge for rear, where it's linked to driving lights (displays in white) as well as brakelights (displays in red)