Electrical & Lights Changing Door Mirror Turn Bulb

Discussion in '3rd Generation (2006-2012)' started by rikernumber1, Friday 31st Oct, 2014.

1. rikernumber1 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Phillip Whitstable, Kent
    Hi All,

Nearside door mirror turn indicator isn't working. Manual says it's a dealer job - really? I'm guessing you can access the bulb by prising off the mirror glass - is that correct?

Thanks,

Phillip

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
  3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Phillip what the chassis code for your CR-V ? I will dig the repair instructions now.

4. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

South Africa Roger Oxford, UK
    No idea if your indicator unit is similar to that on my Civic, but I should be changing mine this weekend, and will do a write-up with photos, based on the instructions @Ichiban posted in the link a couple of posts back .

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    If I knew this car was a RE6 then I can dig up the instruction not a problem. I like it to be right.

6. rikernumber1 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Phillip Whitstable, Kent
    Hi,

Chassis code is SHSRE5####U02#### - so I'm guessing RE5 is the key info.

Dismantling the entire mirror seems a bit strange for a part that Honda knew would need replacing regularly? I was wondering if the mirror glass simply pops off as I've seen on other vehicles, with a wire for the heating element? This would allow access - I adjusted the mirror so that I could peek behind the glass, and I can see some screws, which suggest to me the glass must just pop off?

I've blanked out some of the digits above as you had posted your complete VIN. It's not safe to show all of this on the public section.
    Nels

Last edited by a moderator: Thursday 26th Feb, 2015
  7. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

The glass usually does just pop off, but if your mirror is the same as mine, you will need to remove some screws to allow you to move the swivel plate out of the way to get to the door mirror indicator lens assembly, even though the assembly does just 'slip out' when you undo 2 screws. See my guide here with pictures

Ichiban likes this.
  8. printer Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Russian Federation Vadim Moscow, Russia
    You don't need to unscrew the mirror, just pry out the glass starting from the bottom. Then you'll be able to undo 4 screws holding the lamp assembly. But you can't extract the lamp out of it and have to replace the entire assembly 34300SWA003 (right) or 34350SWA003 (left) -positions 1,2
    index.

9. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

That does look different to the setup on my Civic, where I was unable to remove / replace the indicator lens assembly without removing a screw allowing the partial removal of the swivel plate / tilt motor. From the image above, it seems you may actually be able to remove the lens assembly by loosing a few screws.

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    No two mirror are the same on any Honda, what works one does not mean it works across the board?

11. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Is that a question or a statement CJ ?

12. rikernumber1 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Phillip Whitstable, Kent
    Thanks for all the replies. Replacement unit bought yesterday for £55. Will fit as soon as I can but if I haven't done it by 1st Dec then my mate will do it when he does the service. Also enquired about sticky roof blind (front) - there's a separate thread already on here about that so I will post on that.

13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Question mate. I think

14. roelfarm Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mike Cheltenham
    On my 07 the light was easy to change but fiddley. From memory I just popped the mirrow out removed a couple of screws to split the shell pulled the old bulb holder out, put the new one in, put everything back. They are LED bulbs so should not need replacing very often