Changing my accessory belt (FR-V 2.2 CDTI 140cv - 2008)

Discussion in '1st Generation (2004-2011)' started by Boibar, Wednesday 8th Jul, 2015.

1. Boibar New Member Getting Started

Belgium Frederic Brussels
    Dear Friends,
    I'm looking for a written/image procedure for changing my accessory belt. It has never been changed and already 185.000 Km.
    I'm wondering if I had to change the tensioner (do we say this in english?).
    I inspected the belt, but the accessibility is not ideal and I don't see enough to make me an idea of the state of this belt. I'm panning to make a long trip this summer so I prefer to change.
    Could anybody have some info about this.
    Thanks in advance.
    Cheers,
    Fred

2. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    If you buy a genuine belt, make sure it is the shorter belt and it will come with a handy diagram of what pulley to remove and the correct routing. Other than that make a drawing of your belts routing before removal. I caunt post Honda material but perhaps someone else can or direct you to a thread that has the same information. It's talked about quite a lot. You will have a lot of people recommend a non genuine belt and which one to go for. In the end it's what you can afford. But I would recommend a genuine belt

Nighthawk likes this.
  3. Boibar New Member Getting Started

Belgium Frederic Brussels
    Thanks Beefy, I ordered the SKF VKMV7PK 1788 (the short, not the 2268). SKF was the most expensive and I hope is premium quality...

4. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Moved to FR-V section.

5. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    Nice one @Boibar ler us know how you get on

6. DieselPower Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

The belt tensioner needs to be untensioned to release the belt.this is very difficult without the proper long spanner as it requires a lot of force to move. I would not follow some advice that says link 2 spanners together to get leverage, just buy an extra long spanner.