Introductions Changing my Accord battery

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Rob, Friday 20th Jul, 2012.

1. Rob Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hello everyone.

I've recently joined the Accord owners ranks and am enjoying the car immensly.....so far. I've got a 2008 (7th Generation) I-CDTI Sport and have got a new battery on order as the current one can be a little sluggish on ignition and the contacts are a bit crusted up. I've changed batteries on my previous car but my old Astra never had all the electrical treats (Sat Nav, alarm etc) that the Accord has, so I'm half expecting something not to work after the change. I was hoping someone on here could give me a few pointers regarding any pitfalls I need to avoid before I dissconnect anything.

Cheers

Rob

2. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Hi and welcome

Satnav should reset itself

Driver's window will need resetting, just wind it fully down then back up with your finger on the button.

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Welcome to AOC Rob,

As Cliff is already said sat nav wil be fine , you may have to set the time again , windows may lose its auto function http://hondakarma.com/threads/93/

Other than that nothing the ICE won't ask for a radio code.

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  4. Rob Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thankyou for your response gentlemen. I'll give it a go and see what happens.

cheers

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Small tip Honda genuine batteries from Holdcroft Honda are cheaper than Halfords :Wink:

VW charges 80-90 for the same spec battery , that why you see motor factors buying up Honda genuine batteries de-labelling them and passing them as VW batteries at full price.

6. Rob Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for the tip. I've already bought one from Eurocar parts though....... with a 25% discount on a Bosch battery for the Accord. Hope its up to the job when I eventually get round to swapping them.

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Can I ask how much you paid for the German battery?

8. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Bet it was more than the HH price.....

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Has to be I have not seen a battery so reasonably priced.

10. Rob Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Sorry for the the delay in response gents,

the battery was £82 originally and with a 25% discount came down to £62....with free delivery.

11. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Eeek! Holdcroft Jonda were selling them at £38.15 inc delivery to AOC members.

12. Rob Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Oh well, wish I'd have joined earlier.....! You say 'were' doing them at that price....are they still that price because I haven't actually opened the one I've bought yet.

Any idea what they're like with mats?

Last edited: Tuesday 24th Jul, 2012
  13. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I think they're still doing then. Give them a call Rob and they'll be able to help you out. Just mention AOC.

14. Rob Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Following your advice Paul, I returned the battery I'd ordered from Eurocarparts and I've just ordered one from Holdcroft for £33.99 inc delivery. Cheers for the tip.

Ichiban likes this.
  15. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

£33.99 is even cheaper. Fantastic price and glad ypuve saved a few quid!