Accord/1st Gen Chat over gen one accord

Discussion in '1st Generation (1976-1981)' started by hedleyf, Saturday 20th Oct, 2012.

1. hedleyf Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi,
    Not so good with computers so you might have to put up with the odd mistake,goodness knows it took me long enough to fill the club application form in.
    As I said in the intro part I am interested in the Gen one accord and possibly obtaining one, a three door like the one I had would be great,but checking up online it seems they are a bit thin on the ground,seen some in the US but of course they will be LHD, are they as rare as they seem or am I looking in the wrong place, kicking myself now for sending mine to the yard in the sky on reflection it was not that bad,
    Hedley.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  4. hedleyf Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Just been in the garage section and seen your car, Oh my God what a car,would not believe a car like this exists, you must be very proud,fantastic,just looked at the two cars at the show,nice pictures,did you take it out in the rain? I suppose with our weather if it doe's not go out in the rain then it doe's not go out at all, still seems a shame to get it wet.is the blue four door the one for sale at the moment ? and how often do they come up,
    Hedley.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Thanks for the comments ,I believe there is another S reg in the country which makes two of the oldest first Accord out there. Would estimate atleast 2 dozen 1st Generation in the UK still alive and running every year and atleast 50-60 in Europe. The problem with the first gen owners is not all of them are online computers and 1st Generation owners don't work well..:Unknown:

i have made contact via Honda dealers , word of mouth , classified in the classic weekly is best you will find Honda stuff now and again.I have travelled up and down the country and amassed a big collection of parts so I am good for another 15 years. I have spare brand new engine too.:Whistle:

As for the show yes the car was caught out in rain, the day was perfect with no prediction of rain but it came out of no where, that the first time that car has been caught out in the last 9 years. Was kicking myself for bring the car but ....could not be helped. The car is well protected it has wax in all its cavities and underbody sealant.

I cleaned and dried the car thoroughly before I put it away so damage was avoided.This year the car only had 400 miles as the weather was rubbish ,last year I had 900 miles on it.
    Gaz aka Frankie car is still up for sale it has a current MOT and tax so have a word with him.

6. hedleyf Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Had a look through the pics of the saloon, very nice,are these less common than the three door? if I waited for a three door to turn up for sale in this condition how long do you think I would wait.
    was not really thinking of buying untill next year,could be to late by then eh,Whats the best way to contact the seller.
    Hedley

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I would say a first gen is up for sale atleast every 4 months majority of them are tatty and MOT failures. 3rd doors are rare but you may see them one to two up for sale in a year. The thing with the first gen is if you see them you buy them otherwise they end up as banger racers or engines go into hill climbs.

You can drop a PM personal message to Frankie or I will get him to contact you .

8. hedleyf Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi,maybe you can get him to contact me through my e,mail. Thanks.

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds