Engine & Gearbox Cheap timing chains for cdti.

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by mrjolly, Friday 21st Jun, 2013.

1. mrjolly Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hey guys, hows about this then.
    Febi 31115 oil pump chain £22.45
    Febi 30699 engine timing chain £59.52.
    both on sale on a well known tax dodging company's website.
    hope this saves some people some hard earned if you own a diesel.
    regards Sid.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  3. mrjolly Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Are you saying them numbers ain't right?...

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    No Just added that PDF so people can cross reference any other car chain according to those febi part numbers.

According to febi site they suggest so

5. jdowrick New Member Getting Started

Hi could you tell us who this supplier is for the cheap timing chains
    Many thanks

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Try to search for those part numbers on Amazon :Wink:

7. mrjolly Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

as i said " a well known tax dodging companys website " :Whistle:

Also if you don't want to pay £30 odd quid to Honda for a fuel filter for cdti , the part is Bosch 0 450 906 442. I just ordered one £ 13.95 delivered off fleabay . Same as Honda will sell you. ( early models only, later is different.)

regards Sid.

8. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    As much as I like a deal, when it comes to important things like timing chains, brake discs & pads, belts, filters etc I like to use genuine Honda parts.

I like to try and look at things from a positive perspective: if Honda is selling the exact same part but for more money then I have two reasons for going with Honda directly - First being authenticity. I will be confident that the Bosch fuel filter from Honda will be a Bosch and not a Chinese rip off (no offence to any Chinese people on here).

Secondly and perhaps one which some may not think of is that by going to Honda for the part rather than a third party (even if it costs a little more with Honda) means more profits for Honda which keeps them in business and making new cars, toys and generally all sorts of things that we like to use! Baiscally, they need our money in order to continue innovating. :Smile:

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I completely agree with you Graham, have a look at this thread http://hondakarma.com/posts/36562/

Bought a Bosch filter look like the same thing at Honda and cheaper ...but guess what it does not work well. You get what you pay for.:Wink:

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  10. mrjolly Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I fix stuff for a living. I don't have thousands of pounds in the bank spare, in case the car breaks down. But i have £15,000-20,000 worth of kit . So instead of going to honda and paying up to £2000 to have my timing chains replaced injectors brocken , i will get a set of chains for £85 and fit it myself , and lose half a days work. Horses for courses i guess.
    But Honda are just making lots of profit on parts, typically dealers work on 800%.
    and don't pay any attention to CJ as he is clearly on commission ! lol:lol:

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    wise guy eh if I was on commission I would be running a file uploading business. Upload a file and call myself a tuner.

12. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    I like to do things myself as much as the next guy so that you know it's all been done right, but if possible and especially for critical parts like the timing chain I really would pay the little extra for genuine parts. Fair enough things like bulbs etc can be third party, but if the timing chain breaks because it's a cheap 3rd party part.....ouch!

13. proxas New Member Getting Started

Hi,

it seems my timing Chain is generating some whining noise (not rattle), more like a whining ball bearing - I have pulled the auxilary belt to check that and the whine didn't go away.
    it is not that noticeable form the inside of the car, but you can hear it from the outside, especially if the revs are higher.
    Accord is 2006 facelifted model and I followed the oil maintenance: 0W30 and changed every 12K kilometers.
    Any ideas? is it the Chain sound that went bad (but would expect rattle - not whine) or something else that I haven't thought about?

14. dazwade Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Can I just replace the chains?or do I need guides e.t.c.

15. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  16. dazwade Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Do you know where to get them from please?

thinking of using febi chains ,and get new tensioner.
    thanks!

17. rayhoop Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Keerat Amersham
    Has anyone tracked down the sprockets at a reasonable price?

18. dazwade Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Will I be o.k. with febi chains? Anybody done it yet?

19. Topper Harley Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I would stick with genuine part.

20. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    I would also, too important for any error.