General cheaper squirt ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stuscrv, Sunday 17th Jan, 2016.

1. stuscrv Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Spain stu lanzarote
    More good news - - - the recent lifting of sanctions in Iran will force the price of oil down even further as they intend to supply millions of barrels a day into an already over stocked market.
    Anyone fancy a bet 75p a litre soon?

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Fat chance of that happening as greedy fuel companies and distributors are still not passing it on to us.

3. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    Both petrol and diesel went UP 1p/Litre at my local fuel station yesterday!

4. stuscrv Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Spain stu lanzarote
    Your right gents, I'm in Lanzarote as we speak, its already about 40p a litre cheaper here than UK, someone somewhere is taking the pee, no one in UK seems to have the balls to say anything , your getting ripped off and as usual nobody cares.

5. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    We do have motorways over here that need to be paid for...

6. stuscrv Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Spain stu lanzarote
    Yeah like the Dartford tunnel, we were told it would be free once it was paid for, Really ?

7. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    speaking of Dartford bridge.. we got letters asking us to support Silvertown tunnel which along with Blackwall tunnel will become 'toll roads' to ease congestion! what a bunch of ****! so other than the miserably slow and unreliable ferry the only 'unpaid' way of crossing the river would be Rothertine tunnel or Tower Bridge.

8. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

^^Don't be silly @legend-ary - all you need to do is drive all the way around the M25 via Heathrow to avoid the tolls on the bridge...so you've always got a choice!

:lol::lol::lol:

9. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    That tunnel proposition is a joke, all it will do is add congestion to where i live and literally gridlock the whole area, its bad enough as it is now, but I honestly would not be able to go anywhere eastwards if it goes ahead. Which it probably will as there is lots of money to be made for the fatcats. :money:

10. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Someone I know filled up a 330d hire car in Minnesota last week for £21.

On a side note, my parents got a fine through recently for avoiding the toll charge on the Dartford crossing. Now being of a certain age in a Honda Jazz they didn't know they had to ring up and pay etc etc as they sailed past the sign at 56mph. What's wrong with a toll booth???

11. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    They removed the toll booth to help with congestion as it queues up and slows down traffic at rush hour.