Engine & Gearbox check engine light. p1401 code

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by mangal, Wednesday 20th Mar, 2013.

1. mangal Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi. I make computer diagnostic today and they said is p1401code. Please tell me what that means. They are told me most clean 3 things. Diagnostic plus job I will cost me 130 £

2. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    From a bit of searching I've just done, that sounds like it relates to your EGR valve. There's a guide here on removing and cleaning the EGR. Others have reported that the vaccum pipe has sometimes become disconnected so that's something to look out for too.

Last edited: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Ralf the OP has a diesel so the petrol EGR plate won't be applicable to his car.DTC P1040 is EGR insufficient flow. This is common after a service or any major work on the engine. You want to be looking for looseness or damage at turbo control line.

The line between vacuum pump and the turbo boost control solenoid and the line between turbocharger boost control solenoid and turbocharger boost control diaphragm.

Careful in these areas when working on the i-CDTI engine

Damage to any of these small vacuum electrovalves can give the above DTC code with symptoms of turbo and EGR issues. Secondly ensure the air filter lid at the back is securely sealed , if that is not sealed correctly it causes an imbalance.

Your technician would be able to look out for these easily. Check the pipes and the vacuum on the solenoids.

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 30th Mar, 2014
  4. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Apologies for the bad info.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    don't worry about fella , no one is perfect! :Wink:

DeviateDefiant likes this.