General Check system light on CR-Z

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CRzGTDan89, Friday 7th Nov, 2014.

1. CRzGTDan89 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Dan Doncaster
    Morning all.
    Last night the most bizarre thing happened. I popped to the shops and my girlfriend stayed in the car with radio on. When I got back, my lights were flicking like mad and the radio had turned off. And I couldn't start my car. "Check system" flashed up. Each time I tumred my key, the radio turned off. And lights flickering. Removed key, radio back on, flicking stopped. I rested the car a couple of mins and presto, she revved up like nothing had happened. Is this something anyone has heard of? Is it going to cost an arm and a leg as she ain't under warranty now?

Cheers chaps

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Dan it looks like you may have a lose battery terminal on the car battery not the IMA battery pack.

Open the bonnet and look at the positive terminal is that lose? if you are in Leeds drop me a PM i will hook up the HDS and have a look for you bud for free.

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Does sound like a simple battery low or terminals loose type issue, have a look into what CJ suggested.

4. CRzGTDan89 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Dan Doncaster
    Cheers guys. Although she has given up again this morning. Had to brave the cold and cycle to work. Same old message. I did check the connections. All looked fine so it is a mystery that will cost me a few sheets! This am, I put the engine on while deicing, and I noticed everything was lit up as norm except the radio. Why would that be?
    Cheers chaps

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    There is a electrical fault of some description you need to trace it really otherwise we can all sit here and wonder what, why, when, what if, why not .. etc