Show Us Your Car Check this beauty out 1976 1st Generation Civic

Discussion in '1st Generation (1972-1979)' started by Ichiban, Sunday 2nd Jun, 2013.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Saw this beautifully restored Civic in R80 Red:Smile: It's taken 18 months to restore but it badly needs a set of chrome bumpers. It not been restored to showcar spec nor has it all the 1st Generation era correct parts but hell its back on the road.

It looks and goes beautifully. Another scrappage scheme survivor :Happy:

photo 3 (1). photo 5. photo 4 (1). photo 3. photo 2 (2). photo 1 (2). photo 1 (1). photo 4. photo 2. photo 1. photo 2 (3). photo 1 (3).

Enjoy!:Thumbup:

John Dickson, i-DSI and Topper Harley like this.
  2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    That's a beauty !! :Thumbup::Hey:

3. Ezeetrucker Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Baz Lincolnshire
    Looking good.

4. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

That really is nice, and rare I guess. I'm a fan of Japanese cars of that era - my childhood - my memory is that they were still relatively unusual amidst the sea of BL (Mini, Marina, Allegro, Maxi etc).

My father was a fairly "early adopter" getting his first Toyota (a Corona) in 1975, and staying with Toyota for years afterwards.

5. Minor0034 New Member Getting Started

Definitely worth the effort :GoodJob:

6. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    She's a beaut...:Sobbing:

Whoever restored her did a :GoodJob:

7. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

That's a lovely little Civic! You forget how small the first gen was now we're so used to the new ones.

Excellent job whoever restored her! :Hey:

I've seen an S-reger first gen a couple of times the last few months. It's rot free as far as I could see (I've been driving the other way both times) but the paint looks a bit tired. Needs a bit of TLC sooner rather than later. Personally I wouldn't use it this time of year due to the dreaded salt-propagated tin worm!

How many gems like this met an unnecessary demise due to the scrappage scheme? :Sobbing:

8. Topper Harley Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

That's lovely looking. Would love that in my garage.