Body, Paint & Styling Check your under bonnet edge for rust

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by richsprint, Monday 10th Dec, 2012.

1. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

As the title says, when I washed my Accord the weekend, drying under the bonnet edge, the rubber stops have rubbed through the paint, and as this area gets a salty spray in the winter, its got quite a bit of surface rust.

I have rubbed down, kurusted and hammerited, also put a circle of duct tape over.

Should there be a clear circle sticker there from the factory to protect?

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Did you take any pictures Rich ?

3. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Nope, sorry didnt have my phone on me.

Most cars have circular stickers over pressure points like this stopping rub through, I can't see anything on the parts diagrams?

Maybe mine have been removed, it has all the other under bonnet stickers, so I'd assume its the original bonnet.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds

I will have a look at mine tomorrow and get back to you .

5. Denso23 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Denso23 London
    My 2012 has this problem where the rubber stops under the hood have rubbed away against the paint . There are 4 rubber stops under the hood but under one of them it has caused slight corrosion.

Obviously I want to look after the car and don't want to see corrosion so have looked at getting it fixed. Honda rejected it under paint warrenty, but as the car has full honda service history, honda customer care will pay for most of the repair with a small contribution from me.

Interesting there are rubber stops all over the car , but these have plastic tags to stick against to stop wear. Ideally they should be under the hood aswell.

Interestingly , I also have a 2006 ICTDI accord that has rubber boots also underneath the hood. On that there is slight wear on them but not causing too much issue. I might clean it up and touch up paint to protect.

So guys have a look under you hood and check there condition.

Dave likes this.
  6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    No corrosion on my car.

7. Nels Moderator Staff Team

:Need Pics:

My CN1 and the current CU1 were/are both fine too. :gohonda: