Engine & Gearbox Chip upgrade for CR-V

Discussion in '3rd Generation (2006-2012)' started by G1nganinja, Sunday 15th Jul, 2012.

1. G1nganinja Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi there,

I recently used a Merc forum to ask about chipping my Merc, and had a resounding amount of feedback and consequentially i bought one and it has incredibly improved economy and performance.

Has anyone any views, opinions or more importantly experience and recommendations for, a Chip Upgrade for a Honda CR-V, 2.2 ICTDI 2006 model, the main reason for this is not performance but to improve economy.

Thanks in advance

g1

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Give Celtic tuning a call they are our affiliate.

But also read up on the pitfalls of remapping before plunging.

3. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I had a chip on my Primera and it gave false readings on the MPG display. It said 64mpg but actuall gave the orignal 46mpg I was getting before! The chip boxes just give the car a false air flow and boost readings to get the car to crudley give more power. As CJ said give Celtec a call.:Thumbup:

4. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

As above give Celtic a call. If you go down the lines of a remap and don't choose them make sure whoever you do go with will give you a warranty and are a well established company and not someone operating from home who just uploads files and isn't registered with the VAT or TAX man. Just dodgy and if your engine goes boom they'll be the last to want to know and you'll have no come backs.

5. john_y Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi, I don;t think you will get ANY extra MPG.
    I would recommend oscarli remap.

J