Off-Topic Chipsaway

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Sadsack, Thursday 26th Sep, 2013.

1. Sadsack Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mo Cheshire
    Just sitting in the dining room, overlooking the Chipsaway guy repairing two small but very deep scratches on Legend, which I have had on my car since I bought her a year ago.

Was going to give in to a bodyshop but no time to give the car up for 1-2 days.

The Chipsaway guy will hopefully be done in 3-4 hours, and a fraction of the price, although this had no bearing on my decision :Wink:

Will let everyone know how I get on. However the Chipsaway Guys, Ian, has been in the business for 27 years and knows what he is doing and trust that my baby is in good hands...

If anyone has any bad experiences of Chipsaway, then please keep to yourself till the work on my car is completed :lol:

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
    Sadsack likes this.
  3. Sadsack Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

lol CJ not really looking for any opinions as too late! Just sitting nervously awaiting final result.

Looking good so far. Not sure whether I should venture in to link you have posted but thanks. Will read later once my car finished.

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Will be interested in hearing about (and seeing) the end result.

Do you have before pics of the area he is fixing ?

5. Sadsack Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Oh forgot to take before pics, but will try and post some after ones.

He's been here for over 3 hours now but should be leaving soon

Just reading the link you sent CJ, luckily guy has put gazebo up, covered drive with sheets, has been in the job for 27 years, and best thing? He owns an Accord tourer!

Last edited: Thursday 26th Sep, 2013
  6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Get him on AOC as a member :Wink:

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    That is a mark of a professional good stuff mo get him to join up the forum we need to have his expertise on the forum.

8. Sadsack Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Brilliant job. Just a little bit that needs a good machine buff which is being done tomorrow afternoon (had the same problem few years ago when had very similar bodywork done on an Accord at a bodyshop), but otherwise really happy with the work. I was being quoted £350+Vat at some local bodyshops, and this was done for £99+Vat. Major issue was the fact that I did not want to part with my car for more than a few hours.

Test of time will tell how it stands up, but for now it's all looking good!

Will chat to him tomorrow to see if he wants to join this forum lol

:Yoda:(just thought I would use one of the new pic things)