Off-Topic Christmas songs & Films

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Malibu, Friday 21st Dec, 2012.

1. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

What's your favourite Film and songs at Christmas??

mines national lampoons Christmas vacation- still makes me laugh every time

2. mcgowanp Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Christmas songs

Has to be frankie goes to Hollywood-The Power of Love...
    love Bad Santa and Elf also

Last edited: Friday 21st Dec, 2012
    Ichiban likes this.
  3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Re: Christmas songs

Home Alone 1

4. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Re: Christmas songs

Oh yes good choice- I like wham's last Christmas as well

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Xmas songs

Chris Rea I love this song, love his Ferrari collection too :Wink:

Last edited by a moderator: Saturday 22nd Feb, 2014
    FirstHonda likes this.
  6. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Scrooge is one of my favourites
    Love Home Alone

7. mcgowanp Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Christmas songs & Films

I see there is a home alone 5 out ?

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds

Got ya !

Last edited by a moderator: Saturday 22nd Feb, 2014
  9. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Re: Christmas songs & Films

Really?? Who's in that??

10. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Has to be Die Hard 2 yippie ki ay mother ??? .......
    Don't you just love a hero.

Best Christmas song is easy
    Fairytale of New York.....The Pogues and the wonderful Kirsty McCall

11. hedleyf Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Has to be the Scrooge films in all there forms ,reminds me of myself and that I need to change my ways,works for a few weeks then back to normal.
    can't stand that driving home for Christmas song,also the Paul mc carney one,wireless off when they are on,otherwise like most, on the music side why do we not hear the Barclay James harvest song Hymn! Anymore? used to be part of the Christmas repertoire ,not heard it played on radio for yonks, check it out on spotify see if you remember it,maybe we could revive it for next year,give the boys some royalties for the festive season.

Ichiban likes this.
  12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Bah hum bug :Rolf:

13. mcgowanp Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Some newbie again I think.. Only gets 4/10 on IMDB so I'd say its underpants.

Malibu likes this.
  14. IDTEC Special Partner Club Affiliate

Lee Cheshire
    Elf is awesome but national lampoons christmas vacation is number one for me. Love it. Just watched it lastnight.

15. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Oh I missed that one- wish I'd known! It's like watching my childhood family Christmases !! Lol

16. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Christmas songs & Films

Bad Santa is good.
    I like the Pogues song but one of my old work colleagues used to play it all year round in the workshop, so it does do my head in sometimes.

17. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Christmas songs & Films

The Pogues just made no 1 in iTV's top twenty Xmas songs. Didn't know Kirsty McColl was dead.

18. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

'Tis (almost) the season...and I heard 'Fairytale of New York' on Radio 2 for the first time this year. I bought the 12" single when it first came out, and remain a huge Kirsty fan.

That is my favourite Christmas song by a mile, but honourable mentions go to Wizzard, Jona Lewie and Boney M :dance::party::dance:

19. Heckler Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I have this tradition of sitting down and watching Gremlins on Xmas eve... I went to see it when it first came out in the cinema when I was about 13 and loved it. I had it on VHS and watched it many times through the 90's... although not always on Xmas eve as I was in my twenties and we had this annual xmas eve pub crawl we did... that never got past the same two venues. :Smile:

Then when I got rid of VCR and moved to DVD I missed a few years, but now I have it in glorious HD it's become that xmas eve tradition again.

I've also started watching Scrooged on xmas eve too these last few years... another classic from my teenage years... they're schmaltzy enough to give you a warm fuzzy feeling, but subversive enough to appeal to my twisted sense of humour.... and lets be honest... if you don't love Bill Murray at Xmas there's something wrong with you. :Smile:

As for music... I've never really been one for xmas songs as such, but will sing along with some of the classics. Slade, Wizard, The pogues with Kirsty McColl the original Band Aid and so forth but can't abide carol singing

20. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Don't even know where to start with the films, got great childhood memories of just sitting infront of the TV as a child during the Christmas school holidays with my sisters and watching loads of films, home alone is probably the most iconic one, but theres loads of great ones like jingle all the way, and loads of non xmas related ones that used to air during that time like charlie choclate factory, honey i shrunk the kid, oliver twist etc. These days they hardly show any films during this period, I remmeber we used to buy a TV guide for the xmas period and circle all the films we wanted to watch.