Off-Topic Chrysler set to exit UK in 2017

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Ichiban, Tuesday 17th Mar, 2015.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hot off the press Chrysler dealers across UK have been issued two years notice that the brand will withdraw from the UK in 2017.Anyone thinking of buying this yank tank think again.

2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Shame for those that have one right now. Their value will plummet. :no:

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    More or less worthless but people will still want the best car deal and not necessarily interested in after sales support.

4. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Yup. They will go for the 'bargain clearance prices' and not consider the consequences.

5. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    What did they expect selling rubbish like this
    image.

John Dickson and Chunkylover53 like this.
  6. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Many people just don't know anything about cars. They are lambs to the slaughter for a salesman wanting to hit his targets.

7. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

Off topic but I followed a mini Aston Martin thing the other night and wow did the driver look happy, wish he had the windows down so I could have shouted "nice Toyota"

8. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Haha an Aston Martin Cygnet. I really wish I got to see that sales pitch, the owner must be a proper, admittedly rich, moron.

9. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    Holdcroft had a franchise with Chrysler. We got rid last year because of the impending news of a pull out from the uk.

10. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Not surprising considering the crap they make along with Chevrolet, the likes of Kia and Hyundai make vastly superior cars for not much more money, so why would anyone want to buy these.

11. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

^^Yes, totally agree. They were trying to trade on the "American" influence, evidently without success. I can't remember the last time I saw a 300C, which was the only one I ever felt had any merit as a BMW 5/Audi A6/Mercedes E/Honda Accord competitor.

It's not surprising really - after all, isn't that Ypsilon just a re-badged Lancia?

12. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Yh the Ypsilon is a Lancia, the 300C is an old E class in frock isnt it? with cheap plastics galore.

13. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    We still have Chrysler in the UK? Shows how much attention I pay to their repeatedly broken down lumps of metal

14. Eureka Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Paul Lancaster
    When I started my search for a replacement for my last car that I had owned nearly 10 years I went to look at a PT cruiser as I always liked the retro styling for some reason.
    There was a 2.0 automatic for sale quite locally so went to have a look and took it for a short test drive.
    I knew before I had made it to the end of the road the garage was on that it wasn't for me. It reminded me of a 1980's Skoda Estelle I once borrowed but without the refinement.
    The whole car/floor/seats vibrated and resonated just at the revs the engine liked to sit at when driving around town. I knew they didn't get good reviews but never expected it to be so bad.
    I even tried a second pt cruiser, that belonged to a neighbours friend as I was convinced they all couldn't be so bad. It was!
    Don't get me started on the plastics inside, the only thing they have going for them is they are cheaper than chips.

Pretty much sums up why they are pulling out of the UK

15. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Ah good old Chrysler.......

Hillman%20Avenger%201972%20Super%20Sunshine%20rear.

alpine-avenger.

Crap cars. Craply made.

- - - Updated - - -
    If I recall correctly he will own a real Aston Martin as well.

This was a ploy by Aston to get round the nonsensical CO2 targets set by the EU to please the Green Fascists.

A car maker has to sell so many of it's % total sales as low CO2 vehicles so Aston just borrowed the IQ from Toyota.

A condition to own one was you had to buy a proper Aston as well otherwise they would get mobbed by people wanting the little "Aston".

16. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

Yes I remember reading that, you could only apply to buy one if you already owned an Aston

17. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

SPAD_TheAvengers.

18. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Stuart Lancashire
    The new 300C is actually half decent, pity it's only half.
    Take it Jeep will remain?