Bulletins & Advisories City-Brake Active System CBAS to Help Prevent Low Speed Accidents

Discussion in '4th Generation (2015)' started by Ichiban, Tuesday 2nd Apr, 2013.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Source Honda press, another new innovation to be seen on the new Jazz to be released this year in Japan then toward the latter part of this year in the UK.

The interesting thing to view is how HUK and Honda Europe treat the Mexican made Jazz with contempt or with open arms.:Blink:

Honda has developed an accident avoidance support system called City-Brake Active System.

The City-Brake Active System operates when the vehicle is travelling at speeds of less than 18mph*. It uses a laser radar installed in the upper part of the windscreen to detect when a collision is imminent. If the City-Brake Active System identifies** a high risk of collision it will issue audio and visual warnings to the driver. If the driver does not take action to avoid the collision then the system will automatically apply the brakes.

The City-Brake Active System also protects drivers from accidental acceleration at speeds of less than 6mph* or from standstill. If the system determines that the driver has pressed too hard on the accelerator pedal, for example by mistakenly stepping on the accelerator pedal instead of the brake pedal, when there is another vehicle within 4m* of the front of the vehicle, the driver will receive audio and visual warnings and the City-Brake Active System will control engine output to restrict the vehicle from moving forward.

Honda will first introduce the City-Brake Active System on the all-new Honda Fit which will go on sale in Japan later this year. The introduction of this new technology to Honda models in Europe has yet to be confirmed.

Honda’s commitment to safety is embodied by the term ‘Safety for Everyone’ and Honda will continue to equip cars and motorcycles with the most advanced, effective safety features possible.

2. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

City Brake Active system

City Brake Active system for new Jazz.

http://world.honda.com/news/2013/4130329City-Brake-Active-System/index.html

Ichiban likes this.
  3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Re: City Brake Active system

just posted this today will merge this with my post. :telloff:

4. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Opps. :eek:
    Looks a good system though.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Re: New Honda Jazz City-Brake Active System CBAS to Help Prevent Low Speed Accidents

It does! It will help a lot of older folks who can make such errors.

6. Gergely Kocsiscsák Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Greg
    Will they sell the new Jazz with the 1.6 or 1.5 I-DTEC here? It seems to be a rasonable and very necessary decision, but in an Autocar article I read it's not decided yet.

7. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    There's only a 1.6 I-DTEC for now, though I believe a twin turbo version is coming. I'd imagine it will find its way into the Jazz as currently they only offer petrol versions. At a later date I'm sure the new 3-cylinder 1L direct injection petrol will be added too.

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Well the Civic Tourer now has the Driver Assistance Safety Pack (DASP) which encompasses the following technologies
    CBAS City Brake Active System
    FCW Forward Collision Warning
    TSRS Traffic Sign Recognition System
    LDW Lane Departure warning
    BSI Blind Spot Information
    CTM Cross Traffic Monitor

Honda being big promoters of active and passive safety it can't see why the Jazz will be omitted with such features. I would say it will be there as an inpexensive option only on top end models.