ICE & HFT Civic control adapters on the 8th Generation accord

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by micko, Monday 4th May, 2015.

1. micko Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Denmark micko copenhagen
    Just traded my Civic today for a accord 2.0 auto from 2009. Getting it in a few days. Pics will come when it arrives.

My first mod will be installing my current pioneer double din head unit. I have found the fascia but I was thinking of using my current adapters from the Civic on the accord. That way I can save 100£ plus delivery to Denmark.

But do any of you here know if the Civic steering wheel control adapter, patch lead and antenna lead will fit on the accord. If not I will have to order some.

There will be a full diy when I finish

2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

I don't know the answer to your adaptor question. Hopefully one of the others or @Staff will be able to help.
    I look forward to seeing the DIY when you've done it. :Smile:

3. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    @RogerH69 is quite clued up with ICE stuff, maybe he can offer you some advice

4. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Antenna lead will fit
    Steering wheel control I doubt will fit
    Patch lead will need to be Pioneer specific I believe which you already have so yes

5. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

South Africa Roger Oxford, UK
    As @Chunkylover53 says, the Patch lead and Antenna lead should fit. Can't really say about the stalk adaptor, as it really depends on the way the steering controls are setup. When I bought the stalk adaptor for my car ('04 Civic), it was actually listed online as the patch lead for a CR-V. In other words, You'll only know when you try. Maybe you'll get lucky :Smile: I don't see it would cost £100, as mine was only £26.00 from Car Audio Direct. However, mine only had 3 buttons on it really, so if yours has more buttons, it may well be more expensive.

Last I heard, @accordk24 works for Oxford Car Audio (they do all my ICE work for me), so maybe he could get some more detailed info on compatibility for you.

6. micko Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Denmark micko copenhagen
    the steering adapter is 48 punds plus delivery so it will be okay. but i have found some realy good diy on the american site for remowing the stock radio, so i will try to fit it with the Civic adapters before ordering anything. then i will be back with some answers for everybody :Smile:

7. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I'd say the same thing, give the adaptors you have a try. You'll soon find out if they don't work.

Stick your Accord in the club garage and mark your Civic as "previously owned".

8. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

South Africa Roger Oxford, UK
    I just saw you have the navi pioneer head unit? are they any good ?

9. micko Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Denmark micko copenhagen
    getting the accord tommorow :Smile:

the pioneer headunit is very very good. i have the F260 GPS modul connectet to it. its a bit slower then the builds ins but its works fine for me.

i have ordered double din, control adapters, antenna adapter, pioneer patch lead and a licens plate rear camera. when ewerything comes a will make some diy for the double din conversion and for the rear camera.

SpeedyGee likes this.