Pre-Purchase Civic coupe! Advice needed

Discussion in '7th Generation (2001-2005)' started by Mikeyspell, Saturday 27th Jun, 2015.

1. Mikeyspell Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Speller80 Nottingham
    Evening all!!
    Need a bit of advice been offered a 2003 Honda Accord 1.7 Zetec coupe MOT also service history it's been converted to Type-R hubs so will take 5 114.3 fitting.also has coilovers/spoiler 17" Type-R alloys etc etc runs and drives fine anyway been offerd it for £300 do these things break for good money or worth selling it on thanks for any advice has not got a clue with Civics more of a accord guy lol

2. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I'm guessing it's a MB6 with a D17 engine, in short no they don't fetch great money, they never really sold in great numbers - but they are ultra reliable and a great car in general, a friend's mother has heard hers since new and never an issue.

You'll certainly get a bit more than £300 depending on condition/mileage etc. selling her on. As for breaking one, they're not in the highest demand, the engine is basically just a long-stroke D16 but chances are someone will want it. There's a little D-Series crowd out there, though for most the logical choice is a B16/B18 so they're not sought after.

You'll be able to shift the interesting bits for sure, the odds and sods will probably take you a good while to get rid off.

3. Mikeyspell Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Speller80 Nottingham
    Ok mate thanks for the advice taken it on board think I'll still go ahead with the purchase for £300 don't think I'll go wrong! Will get some more info and pics up tomorrow when I've picked it up! And thanks once again

4. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Agreed, I think it's worth buying - didn't make that bit clear :Laughing: You'll double that money at the least.

5. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    A Honda accord coupe came with a 1.7 ford zetec engine?? :Messed:

6. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

I got what he meant :Laughing:

7. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    :Tongue: I'm still slightly confused cos you mentioned mb6, i figured it was that american market coupe that was part of 7th Generation line up, but don't recall chassis code being mb6? or is it the 6th Generation coupe which I only recall as being 1.6. :Unknown:

8. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

So I did, I meant EM1 :Laughing: 6th Generation Coupe bud.

exec likes this.