Engine & Gearbox Civic Coupe Modifications

Discussion in '6th Generation (1996-2000)' started by Enrico, Tuesday 11th Nov, 2014.

1. Enrico Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Kowalski Leicester
    Anybody knows where to modify my Honda Civic coupe? Here in Leicester thanks

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Our @SpeedyGee has done a K20 conversion on an EG, he is brum.

3. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    What modifications are you looking to do? Visual changes or performance upgrades?

4. Enrico Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Kowalski Leicester
    Visual changes and some performance upgrade

5. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

There's plenty of bodykits available, we can help with rim choices, coilovers and the rest. You'll have to let us know more on what engine you have and show us some pics, start a new thread in the Civic section about it :Smile:

6. Enrico Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Kowalski Leicester
  7. Enrico Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Kowalski Leicester
    I'll show u some pics

8. Enrico Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Kowalski Leicester
  9. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

That looks like a D16, which makes the car an EJ6, EJ7 or EJ8. Do you know what trim level it is so we can nail down which D16 variant?

There's plenty of modifications you can do to a D16 engine, though without looking at the force induction side of it (turbo/supercharger), you're maximum potential is around 150-155hp to the best of my knowledge. That's with I/H/E, the right head (Z6/Y8), upping compression, wide rims and a solid tune.

If you're wanting more than that, as a base platform to build on, you'd be better looking at swapping out to a B16/B18 if you seriously want to put the power down, they can both hit over 200hp with some well planned out modifications to them. Of course the later F/H-Series engines can get you close to that out of the box with more room to grow through there's more to be done to get them in. To go balls out, you're looking at stripping down everything and doing a complete K-Series swap, that way you can hit a comfortable 250hp with I/H/E and a few well chosen upgrades.

Effectively, it all depends just how much power you want as your end goal, it really dictates your path. Building your current engine isn't ever going to take you that far, but it's the easiest to get started on, the B-Series swaps don't involve too much either and are an awful lot of fun. K-Series is the way to go if you're seriously wanting to go destroying the streets.

But then we could go back to talking about forced induction again :Smile:

In terms of styling, it gets very subjective. If you want I can go list some of your bodykit/lip/spoiler options :Smile:

I've moved your posts off to a new thread.

10. Enrico Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Kowalski Leicester
    Thanks deviant u think roughly how much it cost

11. Enrico Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Kowalski Leicester
  12. Enrico Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Kowalski Leicester
    That's my body kit basically just want repaint and engine upgrade thanks

13. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    As the guys have said I've done a full K Swap into an EG. You end up with a manic car capable of taken on almost any other car on the road.

K swap costs between £2.5K - £4K to do.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Here you go a quick vid of the project

Ichiban likes this.
  14. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

B-Series swap can be done for little over a grand I'd imagine. K-Series you're looking at £2500 or so at a minimum. Building on the current D-Series you could add on 20hp with only a couple of hundred, but the question is more if it's worth investing in your current engine or not. I'm more a recent engine guy than the older ones, so I'm not the best to give advice on exact prices/gains. Still got my heart on a B-Series build one day.

She looks pretty nice mate, like the way she's sitting as well - good amount of low :Wink:

I'd get the rear windows and windscreen tinted for sure.

15. Enrico Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Kowalski Leicester
    That's awesome speedygee

16. Enrico Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Kowalski Leicester
    Think budget wise maximum 2,500 will do where is the shop?

17. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

@SpeedyGee does his work out of a home garage. You'd struggle to get in a basic K-Swap for that price, but all depends. You need the engine itself, gearbox, front axles, I/H/E, bolt-ons like the alternator and PS pump, then a wiring harness, ECU, engine management, gear shift assembly. Sound about right Speedy?

18. Enrico Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Kowalski Leicester
    Ok let u know by next year I'll try £3000 where are u located speedy gee

19. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    On top of what @DeviateDefiant said, you'd need K Swap drive shafts, k swap gearshift assembly, k swap mounts. You'd also need to ensure your suspension and brakes up to job of handling the extra HP. You'd need to do all the research and parts collection before any work can begin.

I'm in South Birmingham, Kowalski.

Enrico and Nighthawk like this.
  20. Enrico Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Kowalski Leicester
    Ok speedygee