General Civic snow drift video

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HondaHillRacing, Wednesday 18th Feb, 2015.

1. HondaHillRacing Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Latvia hhr Riga
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Your lucky no cars are coming the other way, was this on public roads?

3. HondaHillRacing Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Latvia hhr Riga
    Road was closed , don't woory :Smile:

Superman001 and Ichiban like this.
  4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Looks like good fun mate. were you using Summer tyres?

HondaHillRacing likes this.
  5. HondaHillRacing Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Latvia hhr Riga
    no all 4 winter tiers with good hand brake
    And road is little bit icy was not having 2 much grip as tires didnt smoke up
    perfect for slide fun :Smile:
    - - - Updated - - -
    I have one more nice video with much more snow i will put it in next thread

Ichiban likes this.
  6. HondaHillRacing Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Latvia hhr Riga
  7. dinoc Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Romania Bucharest
    Very nice, does it have LSD?

8. dinoc Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Romania Bucharest
    Very nice :Smile:
    Do the cars have LSD?

9. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I see you've plenty of practice at that :Smile:

Looks fun.

10. HondaHillRacing Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Latvia hhr Riga
    No LSD
    All you need for this kind of fun (FWD drift)
    1. Hand brake which works
    2. New 4x winter tires
    3. Car (HP doesnt meter as you can't put lot of HP on road "no grip")
    4. Downhill covered with snow
    3. Fined mountain road without 2 much traffic (which should be easy)
    5. Make sure road is closed or use some communication to know when is good to go
    When we not filming we do it at night as whole forest lights when headlights comeing from other way
    6. And last but not least you need a lot of practice on parking lot covered with snow useing cones to create your drift track
    When you will be able 2 do all your cones track without error you are good to go
    Give friend to create your track as you can put cones like you prefer which will not help you learn
    - - - Updated - - -
    Yea its our winter type of fun when "no grip"
    I do it more than 10 years every winter , Yea its lot of fun

11. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    You guys have big balls, looks like a whole lot of fun and I bet it all took plenty of practice!

12. HondaHillRacing Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Latvia hhr Riga
    You are absolutely right :Smile:
    If someone are not that brave he can do it on parking lot with no danger , but with mountain road comes excitement(much more fun in nice environment mountain forest than on flat parking lot) & danger (which produce lot more fun as you know you can't do errors) For me personally parking lot is boring training ground which must be done but not so much fun part
    Like you say all need plenty of practice not easy but worth it, if you have some mountains near place where you live :Smile: Best way for fun without grip in winter when summer come we switch on time attacks and some mountain racing

13. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

In the UK we don't have much opportunity at all to do something like that, car parks sure, but all of big hillside routes hardly get any snow. I'd imagine the Scottish Highlands would be the best place.

14. HondaHillRacing Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Latvia hhr Riga
    Yea without snow you can't do it with FWD
    Only thing which can help is RWD drift car :Smile:
    But that is expensive sport
    Car need at least 300hp per tone to be able to do dry drifts correctly(which cost a lot) and when you got your car still will cost you much ,for one single day of drift you will burn pair of rear tires and you will consume 4x more fuel than on snow drift also not to mention how much more stress to your engine,suspension and body on dry surface drift in other words driveing & maintenance of drift car cost a lot

15. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Yeah for sure, with Honda you're almost limited to the S2000 or NSX for RWD in stock form (and both are quite reknowned for being very planted for RWD cars), but there's a few other rare JDM RWD Hondas too.

I'd never before really considered snow as a platform to go drifting in a FWD model, you get some converted RWD turbo Hondas in the drift scene mind.

16. HondaHillRacing Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Latvia hhr Riga
    I always wondered why honda not bring some RWD in better price range than S2000&NSX with all those 90s models on FWD legend,Civic,CR-X,accord,Integra & Prelude
    They should put RWD on Prelude as was only model with Integra(EU in japan you have 4dr Integra R) as only coupe
    On this way Honda is rare drift machine :Frown:
    Maybe in future i make some conversation on 3gen Prelude to RWD with S2000 engine and rear suspension 2 use same differential as S2000 that will be dream come true :Smile:
    Now you wonder why no S2000
    Swap is kinda more cool and rare with that much more joy to drive it for me

17. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Yeah I agree, I'd love to see more RWD Honda. There is tons of AWD Honda, and the yanks get a few with decent performance, but here in Europe we don't get much aside from the large SUVs.

There's been a few Prelude, Integra and Civic RWD conversions over the years - but I can't imagine they'd be particularly balanced or planted considering the chassis.

Considering the S2000 engine was the basis for the K-Series, I'd imagine it wouldn't be too hard to use a mix of S2000 and K20/K24 parts for a pretty good little drift car :Smile:

18. HondaHillRacing Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Latvia hhr Riga
    You can get balance with adjust suspension useing weight meter for all 4 wheels to get 50:50 weight distribution

19. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Could you explain that a little more?

20. HondaHillRacing Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Latvia hhr Riga
    High performance shocks can be adjusted to make ideal weight distribution useing weight meter on all 4 wheel at same time and adjust it to have same weight on every wheel