ICE & HFT Clarion radio/cd/sat nav units in a 2012 CR-V

Discussion in '3rd Generation (2006-2012)' started by Didham, Sunday 14th Aug, 2016.

1. Didham New Member Getting Started

I could do with some help/advice please. I have a CR-V on a 62 plate, one of the last ones of the previous body style. I bought it as new from Clover Leaf Cars aka Reading Honda in Reading. It has a Clarion radio/cd/sat nav all in one unit, fitted as new when I bought it. While on holiday, the battery died and so the radio etc unit needs its passcode to reset it. The trouble is that the service book and the graphic on the touch screen asks for a four figure passcode, but the codes on the boards Clover Leaf gave me are for five number and an eight number codes on one card, and a six letter code on a second card. Row image. es Honda in Plymouth (near to where we now live) have never seen this type of unit, and want £128 to remove it, send it to clarion and then refit it. Clover leaf are totally disinterested. It's an all in one unit, with no preset radio buttons as all info input is done through the touch screen. I do not have a cats chance in hell of getting it out on my own! Basically, I think I have been given the wrong code set when I bought it and Clover Leaf just can't be bothered! Any ideas?

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    That is the same sat nav in my Jazz hybrid HXT but that looks like its been fitted after ! @Holdcroft Honda are these the one Honda where flogging at silly prices?

3. Didham New Member Getting Started

Not sure it was fitted afterwards, ie after it left the factory. I was told it was fitted when built, and was part of a special job lot from clarion. And I do not know about the price, as I got it as part of a good deal as one of the last models of the previous body shape off the assembly lines. The two garages I have been chasing say I must have changed the passcode and that I must have forgotten (because I am retired and have grey hair) the changed code. There are however, no instructions in the handbook, or the radio unit manual as to how I could change the code to a code of my own so that's just nonsense. Am resigned to coughing up the money just to get some music in the car when we drive! Really annoying and feel that I have been screwed by the dealers in Reading, who just do not want to know.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Honda dealer will be able to get the code of their central database , in fact any dealer can do that there will be a small fee for this.

5. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    Unfortunately no Honda dealer will give you the code over the phone. Which is a quandary as it seems none of your local ones have a clue about what they are doing. It's not a common unit and was fitted as a minor model change option, like a sweetener between two grades. It's not the more expensive factory nav but one all dealers should be aware of. A quick search on the Honda extranet will give the dealer the process in order to retrieve the code. Without checking myself I'm certain this is a simple procedure on this unit. There is a unit that customers can set there own passcode and req re-setting by clarion but not this one. Have a chat over the phone with the dealer you believe was the most competent. Be prepared to pay a small fee. If your a regular customer this is normally done FOC but if you are just turning up without ever using the dealership, you can't reasonably expect them to do it for free. If they are busy and you just turn up at reception expecting a technician to put down there tools on a paying customer that was booked in for £350 + you will be asked to book it in politely. It's not a way of brushing people off but there is a certain etticate to follow.

6. No, it isn't.

Ichiban likes this.
  7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds