Engine & Gearbox clicking when pressing clutch

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by vygec, Tuesday 18th Dec, 2012.

1. vygec Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I've noticed a clicking sound, when pressing the clutch pedal.

When i originally went to see my car a few weeks back, the clutch was making a creaking sound. Which was resolved by lubricating the pedal by the dealership, and the creaking has in fact completely gone.

Ever since I've had the car, I've notcied a very very faint click when pressing the clutch pedal, this has increased in sound over time. To the point, thats its an audible click when pressing the pedal every time now-but no creaking.
    is this normal with an accord clutch? or anything to be concerned with?

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Sounds like its the spring stretching and rubbing/catching on the hole its hooked into. Nothing to worry about if its that.

3. Mike c Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mike Telford
    I noticed the same feint clicking on my 2010 CR-V and queried it with my local Honda dealer. A quick check showed that the click is the natural movement of the switch which disengages the cruise control when you press the clutch in. Has you car got cruise? It may be this.
    Regards
    Mike c

4. vygec Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have the 2009 EX model, i have cruise control. Which i have never used so far, or for that matter even know how to operate yet :Smile:

5. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Is it your knee joint? ....apologies in advance if you have knee problems...

Cruise control is easy, just turn the master button on the right steering wheel spoke, lights comes on the dash, then just press the set button below to maintain your speed. Can be cancelled in three ways, press the brake, clutch or press the cancel button or even turn the master button off.

6. vygec Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Fortunately, the knee is just fine mate :Smile:
    thanks for the cruise instructions, will give them a go when i eventually get to anything other than a local road.

7. wreckrat Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Be careful with this one, I took my tourer to a Honda dealer for a service and asked them to check the clutch pedal, they came back with the usual thing...cruise control switch, took the car back to work done under warrenty and asked them to look at it again as mine was more 'clunking' than 'clicking' upon depressing, again the service receptionist said cruise control...then the service manager stuck his head out of the door and said clutch pedal box worn...getting done under warranty...if your not sure...get it double checked.

8. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    If it helps, on my Accord the cruise control switch clicking happens at the top of the pedal travel, whereas the other problem I had which is now greased up happened near the bottom of the pedal travel.

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    When you say the clicking is it felt on the top of the pedal,how are you sensing this by hear or feel?

Beefy you got anything to share bud?

10. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    I can only hear it when at the top of the pedal, but the other thing I could feel it as well as hear it.

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    It will be the cruise control switch bud, pretty sure of it and if you can feel it then that the CMC grating.

just see how much lateral movement you got on the clutch pedal there should be minimal movement.