Electrical & Lights Climate control panel bulbs blown

Discussion in '6th Generation (1997-2002)' started by boincuk, Tuesday 24th Dec, 2013.

1. boincuk Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ely
    Hi,
    I have a (52 plate) 2002 2.0 VTEC Saloon Executive - the bulbs have blown on the climate control panel so I cannot see the details at night - can they be replaced easily ?

Thanks
    Mike

2. welland99 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

What can't you see in the dark? The buttons, or the display? (or both)?

My rear de-mister button illumination light has stopped working (it's the right hand button under the climate control display), but luckily the light to say it's switched on is still working.

I'd like to know how to fix the broken button illumination.

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Bump.

Anyone know how to do these ?

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi Mike,

This image give you an exploded view,you will need to remove the control unit and see which LEDs have failed or have lose connections.

B__1701.

Items 12, 13 & 14 are LEDs

Honda part numbers

Item 12 79671-S1A-941 BULB, NEO WEDGE (14V 40MA) is for £3.43

Item 13 79672-S1A-941 BULB, NEO WEDGE (14V 100MA) £3.43

Item 14 79673-S1A-942 BULB, NEO WEDGE (8V 75MA )£2.52

As you can see these bulbs have different light intensity make sure you place the correct LEDs in the right places for the best effect.

5. boincuk Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ely
    Thanks for the reply - all the lights have gone - slowly one after another. How do I remove the unit to replace the LED's - I assume I will need to remove the surround which also incorporates the radio.

6. candobill Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

without the manual here it looks as though the front may come off as there is no screws in it just by pressure in the right places. unless a special tool is needed must be someone has had to do it before, bulbs on a circuit go quick as soon as one goes they start cause too much juice is going to less supply. :Sobbing:

7. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    My clock bulb has gone on the climate unit. I bought some standard T3 bulbs and got some Led ones aswell to try out, haven't got round to fitting them though as I couldn't get the wire off the headlight level switch as it doesn't come out enough and you need to take that off to get a screw off to get the whole panel off, can't be arsed at the moment so will do it in the next few weeks.

If you want to know how to take the panel off, follow the stereo change guide in this section.