Electrical & Lights Clock Spring

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by blakereuben, Monday 15th Jun, 2015.

1. blakereuben Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Anyone know where i can get hold of a clock spring for my Accord Tourer EX 7th Generation, part no 77900-SEA-E51 For alot less than £500. Also I've seen online part no with 77900-SEA-E41 with 77900-SEA-E51 as other part no but just wondering if its compatable with HFT etc cheers

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Clock spring? The 7th Generation has a digital clock can you take a picture of this part?

3. tonygw Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Do you mean the clock spring in the airbag? thats the only place I have heard of a device but not sure if the accord uses the same thing?

4. blakereuben Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Clock spring/Cable reel or Air bag squib it has many names for the steering wheel controls as i found out the air bag is not connected and controls don't work, the previous owner did a serious bodge job cheers

5. tonygw Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

probably the cheapest option is from a scrap car. Its not a known failure part so second hand would be fine.

6. blakereuben Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ok cheers just didnt know if the part no ending in E41 would be compatible with HFT and the extra features the EX has cheers

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    With airbag recalls on PFL cars do you want to take a risk ?

8. blakereuben Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

PFL?

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hover it with your mouse and click the underlined text.

10. blakereuben Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ok cheers