General Clock.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by motorbikelover, Sunday 6th Mar, 2016.

1. motorbikelover Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom david mee mansfield notts
    Hi since i bought my 7 gen tourer the clock has never been right, I know it should be set by GPS but i do not have a working disk in my sat nav and the only way i can get the clock near to time is to disconect and reconect the battery at 1 am. has any one got a working sat nav disk that is out of date they wish to sell. Not botherd about the sat nav side as i have free upgrade garmin if i need one.Thanks for now david.

2. Heckler Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Sounds like you need a second hand disc of ebay... but they're not cheap... and that annoys me because charging £70 for maps that are 10yrs out of date is ridiculous.

exec likes this.
  3. motorbikelover Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi yes and it won't happen. Not with me anyway

4. jd1959 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Ireland Zack Kilkenny
    On most of the navi there is a 'hidden' diagnostic menu that you can access to set the time manually. In saying that you need to prevent your GPS sensor from receiving any signal with many layers of aluminum foil or steel mesh or it will reset to the wrong time. No idea on your particular make what the key combination to press is to get the menu up. For example menu, map and cancel together.

5. motorbikelover Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi I will have a play but will have to find GPS sensor first.My disk is the one that came with the car and is worn out but it could allso be the drive that's toast.If I could have got a working disk I could try it to prove the Dvd works but I am not to botherd about the sat nav as I have a garmin. Thanks for your reply

6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Unfortunately not on the 7th Generation Accord. You can't get to the menu system as the Sat Nav system fails to read the disc and gets no further.

7. jd1959 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Ireland Zack Kilkenny
    Ah well, learn something new every day. :salute:

8. motorbikelover Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

So I now need a new accord.Just my luck.Done 200 miles in the Jazz today through the mid Welsh mountains don't know how the clutch stood it but it did handle the bends very well all though the dog on the back seat was not to happy.