Off-Topic Close call lucky guy

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by vincemince, Wednesday 22nd Jul, 2015.

1. vincemince Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

2. HondaHeritage Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
    wow thats some crazy footage

but reel it back a few times and you soon realize is the guy on the bike is some kind of a prick too he had enough time to make a cup of tea and then take avoiding action by simply driving on the other side of the road to avoid the collision???:wanker::wanker: ers times two

3. vincemince Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Take another look ; does the biker stop
    And then the lorry keeps coming with biker being forced to jump off

I first thought what you have just said and then questioned if he swerved would he fall and slide into or under the lorry so decided to jump
    But look carefully and I think the biker stops but the lorry continues while the biker is stationary

Scary :Aghast: :Aghast: :Aghast:
    - - - Updated - - -
    Look at the state of the bike afterwards
    - - - Updated - - -
    May be the biker wasn't looking at the lorry turning in and didn't realise until too late and had to jump
    It's just odd and scary

4. HondaHeritage Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
    nah
    no matter how i look at it the biker was on another planet too
    if i was he,s insurance company i would question the bikers road sense and ability to ride a bike !!!!!
    the only thing that remotely would make any sense out of this senerio is its an insurance claim fit up played out badly on video

5. vincemince Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Yes I agree - it just looks bizarre from all sides - crazy !
    The biker looks like he's stopped but not looking at the lorry then suddenly realises with no option but to jump
    Pair of - Undue care and attention. m' Lord. :judge:. :judge: :judge:

HondaHeritage likes this.
  6. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    It's worrying how many 'blind spots' there are on HGVs! And far too many cyclists get crushed by lorries turning left (certainly in London).

I realise that all road users have to be fully aware and defensive, but we shouldn't have to put up with what happened in that linked video clip. Assuming that driver wasn't simply incompetent (he was cornering quite fast), he apparently had absolutely no idea that there was another road user in his path that he was about to strike. And that is horribly dangerous.

7. ACC-CDI-2T Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Cologne
    Sometimes it´s really very close ... I think this guy hasn´t realized yet how lucky he has actually been ... :Aghast:
    ... by the way, isn´t it a CR-V ?!? :

8. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

It is a CR-V! It's almost as if that scene was choreographed, there was hardly any sign of a vehicle slowing down.

ACC-CDI-2T likes this.
  9. ACC-CDI-2T Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Cologne
    Yes, it´s difficult to find any other explanation for this.

10. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    He must have watched that CR-V advert where it drives into a vortex. Speaking of which it can't be found anywhere, must have got banned. :Search:

11. Nels Moderator Staff Team

The Honda gods where watching over him that day! :Aghast: