Announcement Club Awards - March 2013

Discussion in 'Club Announcements & News' started by DeviateDefiant, Thursday 3rd Apr, 2014.

1. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Slightly later than expected, proudly presenting our first Honda Karma awards.

Member of the Month

While there was a few candidates tossed around between the staff, one stood out by a mile. @numpty67 with an awful lot of time and dedication filled out the entire site with original brochures and promotional material for almost every single model, even providing great suggestions as to what else we should be including on the site. This collection of brochures and product material is extremely impressive, if you haven't checked it out already, take a look at his Flickr page here.

Thread of the Month

Selecting the best thread of the month is no walk in the park, there's so many quality discussions started each month it's hard to select a winner. Nonetheless one stood out as a great troubleshooting discussion, filled with tons of pictures and progress reports as it went along. @AndyB1976 really went the extra mile to provide the full account in his thread, Spark Plug Fouled. Many troubleshooting discussions are started, but rarely does the original submitter see everything through with valuable feedback for other members who might encounter the same issue in the future, and providing a proper close to the story.

DIY of the "Month"

We've only just got into summer, and people are only now crawling out of hibernation to go out in the sun and work on their cars properly. This DIY is now a couple of months old, but nonetheless it deserves some recognition. @Phil1978's first guide for replacing the Automatic Transmission Fluid on the 7th Generation Accord stood out the most, with all the part numbers required and plenty of annotated images along the way, it should be a great help to future members looking to tackle the project themselves.

Car of the Month

@gzob's '06 Accord K24 Exec in the rare Royal Blue has been a continuing garage project since last summer. From the get go, jumping straight in with a dyno chart, he's logged his journey into slowly building up a fantastic looking high performance 7th Generation. Providing plenty of insight along the way into his part choices and helping other members with their question - the last word is he's about to take the plunge on the infamous CT-Engineering Supercharger, it's going to pack a punch. No doubt more than a few of us are watching his project keenly in anticipation.

All members who have won awards today will be given a special badge indicating their win under their member avatar and name in each and every thread/private discussion. All previous winners from the Car/DIY awards that started on our original AOC forum also have these badges. I'll be making a few tweaks before implementing them all later tonight.

Congratulations to all the winners, each one of you deserved it.

Future Awards

Starting on the 4th May with the next Member of the Month award, @Doc will be taking over as our new Awards Judge and following the award's schedule announced here. Final decision on all future winners will be entirely down to him, though no doubt staff will be chipping in with their thoughts as we spot members and their content which deserves recognition. If you want to nominate a member, thread, DIY or car for a future award, be sure to drop him a PM with your reasons why.

Doc, PeteMM and Ichiban like this.
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Excellent and well done to all you make HK what it is and for the future. I tell you this selection was not easy we must have debated this for weeks on end to get majority votes for the winners.

3. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Congratulations to the four winners !:GoodJob:

4. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Congratulations to all of you!:Hooray:

5. gzob Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

:Smile: Hey! Thank you very much for the award. I am really happy about it. More info on the project soon!

Ichiban and DeviateDefiant like this.
  6. PeteMM Premium Member Club Supporter

Northern Ireland Pete Belfast, UK
    Congrats guys. Good to see a little recognition from the hierarchy for all the hard work.

7. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Congratulations guys, very well deserved. :Drinks:

8. intruder Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

United Kingdom Rokas Bristol, UK
    Congrats to the winners! :Thumbup:

9. Phil1978 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Phil Salisbury
    Wow, massive thanks for the award guys, didn't see that coming, just glad I can be of some help to someone :Hooray:

Ichiban likes this.
  10. AndyB1976 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

United Kingdom Andy Aberfoyle
    Cheers guys:Hey:, hope my thread helps some people in the future, and thanks again to all who contributed during it. I gained some new tools through it too and didn't need to justify buying them :Whistle:

Ichiban likes this.
  11. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Congrats to this months winners.

It's the members contributions that make HK what it is, keep up the good work everyone.

Ichiban likes this.
  12. numpty67 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hi Guys, thanks for the award :Happy:, and big congrats to all the other winners, good work! I better get my act together, got a lot to live up to, for a month anyway :Smile:

Ichiban likes this.
  13. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    Congratulations to all the winners, your contributions were definitely worth the recognition.

As DeviateDefiant has mentioned if any members have suggestions for future recipients of any of the awards mentioned I'm happy to take nominations as this looks like the selection process will be a difficult one.

DeviateDefiant likes this.
  14. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    New award medals are in, @AndyB1976 I might have to rethink their size given the amount of accolades next to your name :Laughing:

AndyB1976 likes this.
  15. AndyB1976 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

lol.....makes me feel special :Drinks:

16. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Your Honour badges! Andy you outdoing everyone

:king:

AndyB1976 likes this.
  17. AndyB1976 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

3 Stripes...Sergeant in the Karma Army :Fear: lol

Doc, AccordCU2, SpeedyGee and 2 others like this.
  18. nigeljcook Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Nigel Saffron Walden
    Just took a look at the brochures, and specifically at the one for my model.

An awesome job - well done!

:Hooray:

DeviateDefiant likes this.