Insurance Club Insurance Schemes

Discussion in 'Insurance & Breakdown Cover' started by Pottermus, Monday 29th Dec, 2014.

1. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

My car insurance is due so I thought I would ring the recommended providers from the forum. I really wish I hadn't bothered:

Prestige - Didn't answer the phone on the two occasions I rang

Chris Knott - Gave up on the call after three questions as I was fed up of being asked to repeat myself due to the bad telephone line.

Adrian Flux - Talk about the hard sell! Firstly the operator couldn't grasp the simple fact that I changed my car half way through last years policy. I kept being asked why I was renewing my insurance in January when I only bought the car in April. Jeez, it's not rocket science!
    Next, after being given a price (which I thought was quite high) I was encouraged to take out the policy without ringing around like I said I wanted to. I was knocked off £35 so I didn't end the call, and when I said it still wasn't good enough to capture my business I was asked to leave a deposit to secure that price. I said I'm sure you will do the same price if I rang back next week, and I was told that it would probably go up by then. Bully boy tactics if ever I heard them.

Hardly a great bunch of people to deal with
  2. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom
    I use Adrian Flux myself and have done so for a few years without any problems, so I am really disappointed to hear that they are behaving in this manner. Looks like I might be looking for a different insurance provider next year myself if this is now their business model.
  3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Thanks for flagging this up Gaz, really appreciate your feedback which is concerning to hear and I will act upon this ASAP.
    Nighthawk likes this.
  4. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
  5. Tim@Prestige Account Closed

Hi Gaz
    Sorry to hear this. When did you ring?
    Can you pm me your name & phone number please and I'll get someone to ring you? :Smile:
    Sorry again.
  6. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Thanks Tim. PM Replied too.

I think that's a goof idea DD. I'd like to hear what the associated reps have to say, particularly Adrian Flux. I was visiting my aunt last night, who is an insurance broker (so is my mother), and she couldn't believe what I was telling her in regards to price holding deposits. She called it unprofessional and unethical. I have to agree, it is scaremongering people in to giving them their business. After being on the receiving end of such a high pressure sales tactic I'd gladly pay a higher premium to an alternate company to prove the point that I won't be pushed in to spending my money by anyone else but Mrs Pottermus.

It's quite easy to paste a post in to every car forum on the internet promising a reasonable price with good customer service. You also have to back up them commitments when it comes to the crunch though!

Now I've calmed down. I suppose Chris Knott couldn't really be held responsible for the poor quality phone line if it was an external problem.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Oh, and the fat opera singer from Wales was £103 cheaper than Adrian Flux when I looked last night.
  7. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Bit of an update:

Tony from Prestige rang me at lunchtime and although he was very helpful, he wasn't able to beat the price I received from Go Compare. I haven't compared the two policies however.
  8. ChrisKnottIns Site Partner Club Affiliate

Hi Pottermus, I've just noticed this (didn't get an alert notification). I'm glad you appreciate that a dodgy phone line (while annoying) is beyond our control. That's certainly not the normal experience of members. If we can help you at renewal this year (or for Breakdown Cover/GAP Insurance/Home Insurance) please do call.