Planning Club Meeting Calender 2013 (Volunteers Needed)

Discussion in 'Events and Meetings' started by MickyB, Wednesday 16th Jan, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Ok Everyone sorry this has took a little while to get up but had some things that have been more pressing lately.

Having discussed the forthcoming year with CJ we have decided that the club meetings this year will focused around the Honda VTEC Challenge race meetings throughout the UK.

This way the meetings will be more area focused and not just Yorkshire etc.

I am also going to ask for volunteers who are in the general area of the Race Circuits to organise the meetings that way you don`t have a Geordie living in Yorkshire organising a meeting in Kent for example:Aghast:.

We have initially chosen FOUR of the Race meetings as starters and if there are other people close to the venues we have not included then give me a shout out (PM) and I`ll look at including them as well.

We are hoping to culminate the season with a final full club meeting at Holdcroft Honda (Dates and details to be confirmed later).

So the Four race meetings we are looking to as meetings are as follows.

DATE VENUE AREA COMMENTS
    Sat 13 April Donnington Park Midlands Full Club Meet if enough interest is shown

Sat 1st June Thruxton South Volunteer Required to organise

Sat 13th July Croft Northern Volunteer Required to organise

Sat 10th August Rockingham Raceway South/Central Volunteer required to Organise

We can look at the remaining race series and also if area volunteers want to arrange meetings then please let me know so that I can post details firstly.

We are hoping to hold the Holdcroft meeting sometime after the Final race meeting at Rockingham as I said this is subject to confirmation.

Anyone who wishes to take up the area volunteer please PM me soonest.

Thanks

The last year was pretty slow so lets get this year moving along in the right direction:Thumbup:

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I will pick up the Croft one !

3. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The whole idea was that you sat back let others take the reins for once and enjoy the meets, NOT organise them you do enough here not that I don`t appreciate your offer but shall we see if anyone else can take this on.

Come on guys CJ has put hours into this site and will do so as long as we are here so please GIVE HIM A BREAK lets take up the challenge and get this meeting season up and running and let CJ have a well earned rest.................:Tea:

If I don`t get any offers then CJ you`ve got Croft:Wink:

Ichiban likes this.
  4. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I'll take Thruxton.

Ichiban likes this.
  5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Thanks bud , but we need to get this off the ground no matter how hard it is to get people out . I don't mind doing until someone volunteers

6. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

There is British truck racing on at Thruxton on 1st June as well.

7. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Thanks Rob this is what we want .good to see there's also truck racing at the same time so let's get some details posted up and see what response we get...

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Truck racing was the rage in the 90's, I loved Havoc on tele

9. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Come on everybody. There must be more interested in this than myself, CJ and Micky.

10. Bowler Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Croft and Donnington both similar distances for me just over an hour so would like to attend one if not both. Unfortunately could not confirm at present due to possible bowling commitments

11. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I will attend as many as i can but will need plenty of notice if it goes ahead.Not to sound spoilsport and repeat myself all the time but i have three kids to look after on the weekend therefore need notice so i can arrange/shuffle things.
    Rockingham one in August i won't be able to come. Eurotunel booked for my yearly euro trip at that time.

12. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

This was basically to start the ball rolling and get volunteers to organise the respective meetings. Once we get these volunteers I will leave it up to them to research the venue etc Like Rob has already done and I know that theres Brit car racing on at Donington in April for that meet so I`ll pick up the Inaugrial meet at Donington and in the next week or so will post some details up in the meeting section. Then the volunteers can follow suit.

13. intruder Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

United Kingdom Rokas Bristol, UK
    Sorry guys, would love to help, but I can't.. all those above venues are unfamilliar to me :Unknown: Haven't discovered Britain that much yet. I've moved to UK only 4 years ago. But I really looking forward to attend the meetings and possibly help in any way I could be useful organising the meets.

14. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  15. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Thruxton is your nearest meet mate.
    About 60 miles from Bristol.

- - - Updated - - -

Thruxton also has Thruxton formula ford 1600 racing on the 1st June as well.
    Thruxton is the fastest track in the UK, so come on get your name down for the 1st.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.