Announcement Club Stickers Have Arrived, Store Open

Discussion in 'Club Announcements & News' started by DeviateDefiant, Friday 7th Nov, 2014.

1. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Well, suffice to say it's been a very busy couple of weeks behind the scenes.

Today we launch a prototype version of the new Parts Store that we first started piecing it together several months ago, we're finally far enough along to release a public first working prototype. It's by no means a polished product, and it's for now just stocked with our first club stickers. There's big plans ahead (as always eh), we're explain in more detail below.

Any leftovers after running costs from Premium Membership and ads have slowly managed to fund our first stickers, it's taken quite a while but these stickers will hopefully fund the next, and so on and so forth. Many of you have already contributed in the Merchandise Suggestions thread with what you'd like to see in the future, and we'll hopefully be able to start delivering by popular choice as time goes on.

We've elected to keep our store completely separated from the forum in terms of accounts, and the code base itself. While it looks almost identical to the theme and format we designed for the forum, it's physically disconnected to help ensure the security and privacy for members details, we completely ripped apart a store package and custom built up from the remnants to achieve this, it's big work with a lot of time invested. Forum staff will not have access to personal details, and payment/funding itself isn't handled on site at all - we're pretty serious about careful isolation.

The few stickers we're launching with, either I or @Ichiban will ship out. We're stocked on stamps and will make trips to the post box whenever they come in.

The future plans are a lot bigger, as everyone knows we've had a long-standing relationship as a club with @Holdcroft Honda, we're teaming up to expand our club discount into a full easy-to-use parts store supplied directly by them. You can look-up part prices and availability easily, you'll get a personal discount code, can pay easily with PayPal (no account required), order details will be easy to access and emailed out, tracking information supplied etc.

This is a unique deal between us and them, since the days of the AOC they've promoted and supported us, and we're both going to build that relationship moving forward. I can't begin to explain just how big a task all of this is. Chances are things will start small just covering running gear for the popular models, and grow forward from there on out. We're a club with big aspirations, we're 8 months launched, let's see just how big this can all go.

Get your orders in for club stickers, and please report any and all bugs you come across. Currently, there's a few member account pages which need finalisation.

It's been a wet and rainy day, when the sun comes out to play I'll get in shots of all the stickers, and encourage everyone else to do the same as they get them.

TL;DR - you can order new club stickers, you'll soon be able to order genuine parts.

Last edited by a moderator: Saturday 13th Feb, 2016
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Finally after seven months of planning a lot of late night we have lift off. Please look out for further developments as we launch the full parts store soon.

Toggerefc likes this.
  3. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    Time for a rest Leo!

Sprockutt and Chunkylover53 like this.
  4. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Well done mate - your rest is well earned. Great work.

5. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Rest? All this dev work has given me 1,500 posts and 20 PMs to catch up on :Laughing:

6. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

South Africa Roger Oxford, UK
    WOOP WOOP !!! Take my money now
    Stickers ordered. Can't wait.
    Great Job @DeviateDefiant and all involved. Ordering process was quick and simple. Part store looks great.

Chunkylover53, Ichiban and Nighthawk like this.
  7. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Just got through the confirmation, guess that's all working properly :Laughing:

Orders tonight will be out in the post tomorrow morning, which includes all the staff orders.

8. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Nice @RogerH69 , look forward to seeing the sticker on your car.

9. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Nice one Leo

I need something instead of tax disc to display.
    Oh and i can finally replace all my AOC stickers :Niceone:

10. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Just got your order through mate :Smile: Pics when they arrive!

11. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Pics are a must.
    Just to find time to wash the car,get all my stickers on and pics will be posted ASAP.

12. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

I've got to do the same thing tomorrow, if the weather holds :Smile:

13. andykid Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Andy Southampton
    Just ordered mine too, all off my mobile, no hiccups, you've done a grand job to get this up and running....can't wait to get them on the car.

DeviateDefiant, Nighthawk and Ichiban like this.
  14. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Great job there guys. All that hard work is really paying off. Onward and upward. :HobbyHorse:

15. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

South Africa Roger Oxford, UK
    Did you post my stickers yet? Huh? Huh? Well ? Did ya? Huh ? Huh ? HUH ?
    Oh. It's not tomorrow yet.

Seriously though, I'd just like to say again how polished the Parts Store looks. I really like that it follows the style and theme of the HK forums, and very impressed that you had the foresight to separate the store and forums to protect privacy. I placed my order on my PC and the entire process was very fluid, simple and logical. I'm sure the Parts Store will do well, and I look forward to upcoming changes (though my credit card may disagree with me). Well done again to everyone involved. :GoodJob::clap::Yahoo::clap::GoodJob:

16. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Got you listed for the morning @andykid :Smile:

Now now @RogerH69, you'll have to wait for the kind postman to come collect the post and then visit your house :Laughing: I'm hoping orders from tomorrow will arrive Monday, currently everything's going on 1st Class post, but we may add a guaranteed next day later down the line.

Thank you man, it's been a lot of work making the software package dance the same way as the forum, and there's still bits to polish up on that front yet - I ideally want the same style login drop-down system from the top, and there's more sidebar blocks to go in related to parts themselves as that side gets built up more. There is a few niggling issues, sub-navigation menu to patch up, some of the account pages aren't correctly linked to the stylesheet, but I'll be working on all of that as and when :Smile:

Sprockutt likes this.
  17. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

9 orders to go out so far :Thumbup:

SpeedyGee and Ichiban like this.
  18. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Definitely gonna order some stickers.

Pics once I've got them on the car - if it ever gets light enough here again......

19. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

All orders in so far are already in the post :Thumbup:

20. Sprockutt Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom David East Kilbride
    :Thumbup:Top Job! Parts store looks great and stickers also look the part. Very professional looking, am well impressed. Stickers ordered now looking forward to seeing them on the car. Will post pics.