Engine & Gearbox Clutch adjustment

Discussion in '7th Generation (2001-2005)' started by moob, Saturday 28th Jun, 2014.

1. moob Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Scotland Rob Glasgow
    Hi guys,

I'm finding trouble with the clutch height in my 7th Generation. it bites way too high and makes me crap at driving all of a sudden! It's also hard to find the biting point.

2. Topper Harley Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Sounds like you need a new clutch.

Ichiban likes this.
  3. moob Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Scotland Rob Glasgow
    Dunno, I'd expect some slip etc which there isn't.

I forgot for a second that I've got a Haynes manual, and the pedal etc can be adjusted ok.

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Pedal adjustment and clutch adjustment are two different things. The clutch isn't adjustable on the Accord.

The reason that it is high is that the clutch plate is worn so needs very little travel to engage and disengage it. However not worn enough to start slipping yet. Adjusting the pedal you're not actually changing the way the clutch actuated. Also you may mess up the cruise control if you adjust the pedal, personally I would leave the pedal alone. Drive it until it starts to slip and then just get the clutch changed.

Ichiban likes this.
  5. moob Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Scotland Rob Glasgow
    @SpeedyGee, its not an Accord I've got, its a Civic. Point taken though, need to prepare for new clutch expense.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    if you are looking for a clutch kit call HH they have great deal sub 150.

7. moob Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Scotland Rob Glasgow
    I'm now more used to the clutch. I think that's the problem and not a faulty clutch.

It's still pretty quick when released though.