Engine & Gearbox Clutch help!!

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Mikeyspell, Tuesday 9th Feb, 2016.

1. Mikeyspell Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Speller80 Nottingham
    hi wondering if anyone can help!! I've got a 2007 Honda Accord I-CDTI and I'm going to Change the DMF and clutch as my DMF has failed :Frown:
    Few questions are what's the setting for the new clutch? already got the alignment tool
    Any other hints tips or diagrams would be great
    Thanks to anyone that can help

2. stuscrv Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Spain stu lanzarote
    Wow, your a braver man than me ! Are you seriously undertaking this job on your own ? I guess unlike me your not changing it in your drive ?

3. Mikeyspell Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Speller80 Nottingham
    Brave or stupid lol!! Got one of my mates helping me doing it in he's garage at home got portable ramps etc should be good fun :Smile: always up for a challenge will let you know how it goes

4. stuscrv Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Spain stu lanzarote
    Oh dear, I wish you well lol. I did a head gasket on a 2nd Generation Granada diesel once on my mates drive. Even after careful labelling of bits etc when finished we still had loads of nuts n bolts left over ! It did however start but we took it straight down Charlton auctions as also snapped a few streach bolts lol.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Yes my mate was too tight to buy about 16 new bolts at about £5 each !

5. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
  6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I'd advise getting the WSM and following that. It's pretty big job, subframe will need to come off and and you need decent amount of clearance under the car.

7. Mikeyspell Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Speller80 Nottingham
    I'm not looking forward to it but needs to be done missing my Honda already running around in a Renault Clio for the moment :Frown: anyone know where to get the wsm? Thanks

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  9. stuscrv Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Spain stu lanzarote
    Job makes the bible look like a short story ! I can feel the sore knuckles and hear the blue language already lol. I wish you good luck, let us know your progress ( if you can still type lol )

10. jimjams Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom nobody zoned
    as said, you'll ned a fair amount of clearance underneath, but if those "portable ramps" are the big things that I've seen, that lift the whole car up, then should be ok