Guides Clutch Master Cylinder Installation

Accord 04-08 [CN1, CN2] (N22A)

1. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    nighthawk submitted a new resource:

Clutch Master Cylinder Installation - Removal and reinstallation of new CMC on 2006 CDTi

Read more about this resource...

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    That looks a good thorough guide that @Nighthawk. Thanks for posting :Thumbup:

3. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Very well written indeed @Nighthawk, it's not a job I've ever tackled myself so I learnt a few things reading though. The information on the Blueprint CMC solving the squeaking/clicking issue is invaluable to other members. As you say (I don't think tags work correctly in guides), this should help @ArcticFire if the dealer doesn't get it sorted for him (they couldn't use a BP part anyway).

4. Nighthawk Guest

Thanks, hopefully it will help a few people out. The hardest part of the entire job is that damn nut at the 10pm position. I've taken out engines (admittedly, a 1993 toyota) in less time than it took to do that nut. Crazy design. My back is killing me and I have chaffing on my left shoulder where I was lying in the footwell of the car for so long.

5. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I feel your pain there mate, I get some crazy aches on long stints working on the car - it's usually one nut or bolt that takes the majority of the time :Laughing:

6. redefined_cycles Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hey. Just to add summat re when removing the CMC nuts. Had mine done at the garage and he asked me to fiddle about with the heater controls (for the centre i think) which helped in connecting some socket to the bolt and help loosening it a bit easier.

Nighthawk may be able to elaborate a little further... Hope tgat helps

7. Nighthawk Guest

Heater controls?

Thank you @redefined_cycles but your post has confused me slightly - there is nothing attached to the CMC nuts and the obstacle for removing them was the centre console trim which protects the ECU of the car and part of the plastic HVAC system. I cannot see how playing with the heater controls would have helped in the slightest - they are completely detached from the CMC and from the area you are working in.

8. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I've taken the clutch pedal box out before, which is almost same procedure as taking CMC out and never had any issues to do with HVAC pipes or cables. As @Nighthawk says those pipes and cables are nowhere near the clutch pedal.