Engine & Gearbox clutch or tranny problem..??

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Nav, Tuesday 17th Apr, 2012.

1. Nav Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi all,
    I got a bit of a problem with me Accord.. it get really hard to select gears... Any gears...I don't know if its the tranny box or the clutch cylinder..I need to dip the clutch quite fast to change into gears...sometimes while driving it get stuck in neutral and won't go into any gears...so I have to dip the clutch again and again to select the gears...third feels like a crunch..not a lot but still can feel the crunch...
    Any thoughts...

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi Nav, Has this condition just started or has it been a gradual process it could be a numerous factors.

It can be a clutch issue or a simile issue as dirty fluid which is making your pedal stroke ineffective.

3. Nav Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thas the thing o only had the car for three days... So I don't know... When I took it for a spin before buying it seemed fine and now this...so I don't know..I have booked in for a service.at HH and a gearbox oil change and I will ask them to take a look...lets c wat happens.

4. Nav Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

700 quid for a new clutch...:eek::eek: I hope its not me clutch..:Frown:

5. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

When is it going in to HH? Will it last?

6. Salim Member

sw
    Is it diesel? mine had similar symptoms turned out clutch and DMF badly worn. Best to get a pro opinion first though.

7. Nav Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

going this Sat..

8. Nav Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

yep diesel.. clutch and DMF.. yikes..
    ok now what excatly is this DMF.. i heard some one say that the other day.. i couldn't make heads or tails..

9. Nav Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

ok found it.. Dual Mass Flywheel.. :O but thas £950 from the dealer + the £700 for the clutch thas too much.. i can't afford that... :'( oohh no no no.. how does the DMF get damaged.. thas wrong.. :'(

10. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Calm down bud LOL...it might not be that...let's see what HH say.

11. Nav Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

fingers crossed.. driving to HH, that will be one nerve racking drive..

12. Salim Member

sw
    Not worth stressing over bud, take it to HH and let them diagnose it. I was just giving you my experience, hopefully yours will be simple fix.

13. rhinogolf Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

york
    More than likely gearbox oil needs changing mate,your in good hands at HH

14. Nav Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I hope so too..I am getting a full service and box oil change as well I hope it fix the problem..

15. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Keep us posted bud, just hope you don't get a shock and it just routine and normal wear and tear.

16. Nav Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

17. Nav Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

On my way to HH.wish me luck

Ok at HH and they say it sounds like the clutch...hmm well its on for a full look...let's see what the verdict is...

Last edited: Friday 20th Apr, 2012
  18. Nav Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ok clutch gone.. :Frown:

19. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Sorry to hear this...I am just wondering whether the seller has some sort of responsibility

20. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Cliff's right, this is the sellers responsibility, providing they're a trader. The only problem is if you've had the work done, you haven't given the seller a chance to fix it.