General Clutch pedal height i-ctdi survey

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by jimmy1973gb, Sunday 15th Feb, 2015.

1. jimmy1973gb Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Northern Ireland jimmy1973 Ballymena
    Was wondering what the correct clutch pedal height is for the Accord I-CTDI, I read on a thread 183mm, but this seems very high. Mine is 155mm with the floor mat removed. My clutch intermittently slips, I've tried low and high pedal heights and it makes no difference, clutch still slips intermittently.

I intend to replace the clutch next month, but need to adjust the clutch pedal to the correct height before I get the new clutch.

My uncle has an accord I-CTDI and his is 140mm with the mat removed, but has a very low biting point which actually makes the car hard to drive.

Would be interesting to see what other peoples clutch pedal heights are?

2. nauest Premium Member Club Supporter

Netherlands Ned Texel
    I will check mine out next time I have a chance and let you know.

jimmy1973gb and SpeedyGee like this.
  3. nauest Premium Member Club Supporter

Netherlands Ned Texel
    Just to be sure, how are you measuring it?

4. nauest Premium Member Club Supporter

Netherlands Ned Texel
    Mine works out at 158mm without carpet. Fingers crossed my clutch feels good, bites well and has good travel. No slip.

Added a pic as as I was not sure if we are measuring the same way. I think some people measure to the stopper at the back, could be the source of the 183mm.

Please excuse the dirty footwell, can't keep anything clean at tis time of year :Smile:

DSC_1597.JPG

Last edited: Tuesday 17th Feb, 2015
    jimmy1973gb and SpeedyGee like this.
  5. jimmy1973gb Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Northern Ireland jimmy1973 Ballymena
    Excellent :Smile:, thats exactly what I was hoping for, mine is almost identicle to yours, many thanks :Smile:

nauest likes this.
  6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Very kind of you @nauest to actually go out and do the measurement for Jimmy. Great to see members helping each other out like this :Friends:

nauest and jimmy1973gb like this.
  7. nauest Premium Member Club Supporter

Netherlands Ned Texel
    @SpeedyGee Always keen to help! A good owners club and some greasy hands is all that keeps my cars going :Wink:. Just noticed a DropLinks guide pop up just in time for me too! Enjoying this community a lot at the moment!

Nels and SpeedyGee like this.
  8. Nels Moderator Staff Team

The help and advice on here is all free. Although we try and encourage members to put something back when they can.
    e.g. Advising others, adding a DIY or even some information on their Project Logs. It all adds up.
    We are all different but, the one thing we have in common is Honda.